PDA

View Full Version : Kits, kits everywhere...

litsnsirn
September 20, 2001, 17:35
Well, I have a couple of R1's, an Stg, some Isreaeli HB stuff and I figure the pile o' kits wouldn't be complete without a G1 and a L1A1. I bought a Aussie L1 from FAC a while back and all of the parts were pitted externally, so it went back. My question to you is who has the nicest/best deal on G1 and L1A1 kits right now?

sparky
September 20, 2001, 17:39
DSA refinished G1's have been pretty nice my lower, bolt and carrier match. They include many new extra parts.

Radio
September 21, 2001, 20:53
TAPCO has your Inch kits but I've read some spotty field reports lately. The handpicked G1 kits I received from them had virtually new bores and in good overall condition. The DSA G1s are more expensive but come with some replacement parts. (I didn't know they had matching numbers, hmm.) Another possible source for Inch kits would be Federal Arms, 763-780-8780. Ask for Harlan, this guy's reputation for being a straight shooter is legendary on the Files. It seems he always under-reports kit condition; whatever he says it is, you'll generally get better. Other vendors might have these kits but I've dealt with the above two personally and give them a high recommendation.

--Radio

sparky
September 21, 2001, 21:13
Radio some have had matching bolts and carriers and some have had matching lowers.

LVACGAR
September 21, 2001, 21:54
My refinished G1 from DSA is spectacular, and the bolt/carrier/lower all match. I've taken digital pics, but had trouble loading the sandisk flashcard usb reader. Next week.

Upper: New STG handguards. Barrel that finished excellent, sharp and bright with very light pitting usual places. Front sight block, sight, screws, bipod, everything absolutely a 10. Must be new. Lower is obviously used/refinished, but a solid VG condition. Rear sight, screws, release lever all look new. Butt typical G1 but emminently refinishable, Buttplate was a waste of time to refinish. I ordered another, and the sales rep stated "I can't guarantee this one will be as nice". I'll take my chances!. All the parts in the bag look new except the charging handle. From the look of the grease on the original handguards, it would be worth $40 just to degrease. I may order a third depending on condition of the second one.