PDA

View Full Version : Belgium Short Flashider?

BRN169
September 20, 2001, 01:46
Belgium Short Flashider? Is this thing really a flash hider? It looks an awful lot like a brake... Is there anyone out there that sleeves them so they don't function as a flash hider anymore???

I want to build a post-ban, NJ legal copy of a gun I was in love with but was not trusted by my state to own... DSA carries all the parts, my only question is with making the flash hider post-ban legal...
Thanks guys,
Mike B.

Here is the gun...
http://24.38.223.168/images/SAR-48/PIC00006.jpg

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Mike B. ]

EMDII
September 20, 2001, 10:09
It is DEFINITELY a FH.

So-called combination device: FH, BL. GL, and yes recoil compensator. Typical military solution: all-in-one. Actually VERY ingenious, as it does all those jobs pretty well.

GunPlumber does sleeve-jobs rather well.

PS- your picture link is BUSTED.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: EMDII ]

Harold Shinn
September 20, 2001, 10:23
I shipped a batch of Belgian short "faux" flash hiders to Gunplumber a few days ago. These are not flash hiders or muzzle brakes, merely non-functional muzzle attachments. I tried to make these as authentic looking as possible; they are, in my opinion, almost indistinguishable from the original when viewed in profile. If you contact Mark "GP", he might be able to e-mail you a picture. Please contact him for current availability and price. RPB will stock this item in a couple of weeks.

Best regards,

Harold Shinn/FSE
hshinn@mindspring.com