PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!... My First Kit Build - Nashua, NH

raybo51
April 11, 2002, 06:46
have some experience, need help with timing, headspace and barreling. have only basic tools. would greatly appreciate any help. thanks, Ray

Plucky Purcell
April 11, 2002, 07:05
Start by getting "Gunplumber's Guide to FN-FAL and L1A1 Home Gunsmithing" at the ARS web site. ARS (http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/) Then, as a minimum, get two 3' sections of straight .187 rod for barrel timing, a receiver wrench, a butt stock wrench, headspace gauges, a good set of Craftsman punches, and a lot of patience. :)

MikeW
April 11, 2002, 07:24
raybo,

I'm just down the road from Nashua. I just finished my first build and have yet to shoot it. I've got headspace guages, sizing rods, a receiver wrench, and barrel crowning tools if you need to use them.

Mike

jamie930
April 11, 2002, 21:32
I live in Manchester and could give you hand. I am just waiting on my sizing rods, but I have the other things

Sons of Liberty
April 12, 2002, 10:52
Hi Raybo:

I live nearby in Londonderry. I'm almost finished with my first build (G-1) and did it mostly with handtools and only borrowed the sizing gauges. I'm waiting for my USA-made HTS to come in and I'll be ready to testfire this puppy! Drop me a private e-mail if you want some more info.

BTW, there is a big FAL following up a Nashua Fish & Game in Merrimack in case you're interested.

Regards,
SOL

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Sons of Liberty ]