PDA

View Full Version : Any Recommeded Gunsmith for G1 Builds? (moved to GUNSMITHING)

Russ
April 09, 2002, 14:37
Think I'm going to resign my wecsog commission and get RKI gunsmith/outfit to put together a couple Tapco g1 kits coming in. Does anyone have a recommendation or experience that they can pass along. I don't mind paying a little extra, I've already got the Euro walnut stocks (and I can't bear the thought of messing up some minty Stg58's from FAC) .....who da' man?
Russ

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: EMDII ]

JLH
April 09, 2002, 15:12
George Gouger at Double G Gunsmithing.

He's done 2 FALs for me and a High Power.

He's probably backed up doing SOCOM contracts and such, but good work takes some time.

;)

cadillac
April 09, 2002, 15:53
George Gouger of Double G (541-607-2798) is fantastic, but he has been very backlogged and may not be taking any new customers right now - 'course you can always ask.

T. Mark (The Gunplumber) Graham of Arizona Response Systems (623-873-1410 gunplumber@arizonaresponsesystems.com ) also does truly exceptional work. He may be your best bet (right now) for very high quality work AND a quick turn around.

Rich of Century Gun Works is another Smith doing real art, but he too is probably booked well into 2003.

Then again you might call Dan at VOW (423-596-4180). He might be able to point you in the right direction too.

Good hunting!

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: cadillac ]

Rifleman44
April 09, 2002, 19:30
Gunplumber@ArizonaResponseSystems.Com

You can't get better than that!

I'm just one of many very satisfied customers.

W.E.G.
April 09, 2002, 20:51
Originally posted by Russ:
<STRONG>Think I'm going to resign my wecsog commission....</STRONG>

You can check out any time you like. But, you can never leave.

gunhead
April 09, 2002, 22:40
Hi Russ;
I had mine built by Jason at IGF>> http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/
I supplied all the parts, he did the rest & kept me informed. He was very resonable to boot! :D I left it original lookin'
I am sure that the other Smiths mentioned are great also!
http://www.baltimorepress.com/~wa2rqy/g1-1.jpg
GL....They are nice rifles!

Russ
April 10, 2002, 06:50
Ok thanks, some good leads.

And with all due respect to Mr. Gary "Hotel-California" Jeter, it's sooooo true. I'm only going to a pro on these G1's because I'm a member of the orthodox-fundamentalist Wecsogers who believe that EVEN A DREMEL IS A VIOLATION of Wecsog--- a dremel being a "sophisticated machine implement" ---and I know sure as the sun rises that I'll never get that friggin' receiver stub off without it, or else some equally blasphemous big-ass bench-vice!!
So off to the pro's I go!!
Russ