PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota Waterfowl hunting

SlickFAL
October 20, 2006, 09:48
One more week before I head out to North Dakota waterfowl hunting. It's an anual trip with family and friends. Always a good time and the bragging never stops! Anyone else hunt out there?

Here is a link to pictures from our hunt last year:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rickengstrom@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/8e3b&.src=ph&.tok=ph8a4rFBCpuxKkFR

Enjoy and a safe hunt to all this season!

sportsnut
October 20, 2006, 13:39
Nice pictures! I sure hope you got more birds than that one goose.:eek: ;)

prosecond
October 20, 2006, 14:33
I believe that is a shoveler.

I have been several times but the past two years my Dad and I have gone to Canada. What part of ND do you hunt? We always hunted near Jamestown.

SlickFAL
October 20, 2006, 16:06
We usually hunt around Steele. Good hunting and the locals are great about access to hunting their farms. We have had no problem coming home with our limit.

doubletap
October 20, 2006, 18:25
Get set for some shoulder pounding fun! I was just out to my new place by Jamestown last week. The Canucks were thick, saw a couple of flocks that must have been a couple thousand each, and looked to be plenty of Giants too and some some light geese showing up. Didn't see a lot of ducks, but I was preoccupied getting the new compound ready for the last of the moveing in process. Looks like a great year for waterfowl and another exceptional pheasant year. Makes me wish I was already settled in so I could enjoy it right now! Might want to walk a couple of the sloughs and grass some long tails for the table too.