PDA

View Full Version : Hiduminium T2 para lower pics

Scott V2
October 20, 2006, 06:15
These are not very common. Thought I would post some pics. The type 1 is a DSA para that I included for comparison. The DSA T1 is entirely milled. The FN Hiduminium is not entirely milled. The FN lower weighs about 1 oz less than the DSA.

The Hidi lower does not include the stud for the pistol grip mount. I am already half way done with a reproduction stud insert.

Top one is DSA
Left one is DSA

Scott V2
October 20, 2006, 06:16
next

Scott V2
October 20, 2006, 06:17
another

Scott V2
October 20, 2006, 06:17
Last one

Stranger
October 20, 2006, 07:48
You will of course notice that the DSA lower doesn't have the cut out for the Para rear standoff. :rolleyes:

One little machine cut, just one and you could make a lot of people happy.

Brian in MN
October 20, 2006, 09:55
What is a "para rear standoff"?

Mosin Guy
October 20, 2006, 10:06
its the small relief cut in recoil plate and it starts at the center line of the sight base and continues down to the center of the recoil plate,its to clear the stand-off on the para top cover,The stand-off on the para top cover is a small protrusion that sticks out of the back on the para cover and is were the guide rod is attached going through the back of the cover.

Stranger
October 20, 2006, 11:23
Originally posted by Mosin Guy
its the small relief cut in recoil plate and it starts at the center line of the sight base and continues down to the center of the recoil plate,its to clear the stand-off on the para top cover,The stand-off on the para top cover is a small protrusion that sticks out of the back on the para cover and is were the guide rod is attached going through the back of the cover.

Yes, and if you don't have the little protrusion you have a topcover that doesn't like to hold onto the guide rod. In fact, you could say guide rod has a tendency to break off causing all sorts of problems.

Rich@CGW
October 20, 2006, 12:32
The stand off tab is a lockup safety device.

In the event that the lower becomes unlatched, the dust cover will slide back, inserting the rear tab on the dust cover into the slot in the recoil plate. As the upper and lower open, The tab will lodge/stop itself under the rear sight base preventing the action from coming fully unlocked/open and launching your carrier assembly out of the receiver.

Not a big deal for on the ground maintanence. But it can be vital when you and your rifle go through the 6G's of a parashute opening at 4K ft. and being flung around like an orfan Annie rag doll.

Brian in MN
October 22, 2006, 09:24
Originally posted by Rich@CGW

In the event that the lower becomes unlatched, the dust cover will slide back, inserting the rear tab on the dust cover into the slot in the recoil plate. As the upper and lower open, The tab will lodge/stop itself under the rear sight base preventing the action from coming fully unlocked/open and launching your carrier assembly out of the receiver.

C'mon, Rich, admit it. You made that up one night after work when you and the boys were sitting around the shop drinking beer and tellling lies. That is one of the silliest things I have ever read on this board.

Now I admit that the only C-130 that I have ever hopped out of was actually parked at the time and I didn't even have a parachute or an FAL so I really cannot claim to have tested this G force/FAL opening phenomenon. But I have opened a para or two in my day and the top cover does not automatically slide to the rear upon opening and even if it did and even if the tab did actually catch under the rear sight, if all this happend while one was hanging in the air by a bunch of strings the whole business would simply slide forward a tad and rearward a tad and away it would go towards the ground.

lhofeld
October 22, 2006, 10:55
C'mon, Rich, admit it. You made that up one night after work when you and the boys were sitting around the shop drinking beer and tellling lies. That is one of the silliest things I have ever read on this board.

Actually I am more inclined to believe he is correct. I have to push forward on the top cover in order to open the Paras. One of the reasons I went to a DSA Scope mount. While I am not a Para expert I have built three and have most of the components to build three more.

Enquiring Minds
October 23, 2006, 23:54
Originally posted by lhofeld

... I have built three and have most of the components to build three more.
Whacha got, and how much $$ ya want fer it? You can't weild 6 paras, even in Hollyweird... :wink:

lhofeld
October 24, 2006, 09:05
You can't weild 6 paras, even in Hollyweird

Ahh once I get the other four arms surgically implanted I will be good to go and I will end up with a total of of our. I have a complete Argy Kit left from FRWA's para buy and all I need is carriers to complete the other two kits. As for seliing not a chance I would rather shoot a para over a standard config anyday.