PDA

View Full Version : DPMS FAL kits?

Seth Livzz
April 10, 2002, 00:49
DPMS is selling kits which include everything except the upper receiver ($269). I know they have a good reputation when it comes to AR parts. Are their FAL kits worth the money?

They also sell their own upper for $269. It looks good quality to me but then again i don't know much about FALs.

I love my AR but there's something intrigueing about an FAL. I just have to own one.

Templator
April 10, 2002, 02:13
I'm not sure what kind of kit DPMS is selling,.. but the price is a bit steep unless it's an absolutely pristine example. For $250 Dans Sporting Goods will sell you an Imbel kit that is in fantastic condition.

He's also a very good fellow to deal with. He has quite a following on here,... check his stuff out before you buy.

As for the DPMS receivers,.. well,.. I've never owned one,.. I can't speak for their quality or lack of. I *do* know that they have a big ugly logo on them. If you want to get an excellent quality upper receiver that'll give you no bad surprises,.. order a gear logo Imbel receiver from Dealers Warehouse or Sarco.

An Imbel kit from Dan's built on an Imbel gear logo upper receiver is a classic FAL combination that is priced right.

If you're looking for a quality FAL at a good price,.. this is the way to go.

Seth Livzz
April 10, 2002, 13:21
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I checked out Dan's site as was very impressed. Now it's time to place an order.

BTW, Can someone post Sarco's and Dealer Warehouse's web address?

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: Seth Livzz ]

medicmike
April 11, 2002, 11:20
SARCO is at http://www.sarcoinc.com/

I dont think Dealer Warehouse has a web site.