PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attempted to fabricate a rear sight z-spring?

MG-70
September 17, 2001, 15:19
Gary, anyone, c'mon?

What are some good materials worth analyzing? Paperclip?

Just a thought,
MG-70

TNT ARmoury
September 17, 2001, 19:04
.041 music wire from the model airplane/hobby shop.

MG-70
September 17, 2001, 20:15
Excellent idea!!! Once my projects slow down I'm gonna give it a try.

Thanks,
MG-70

TNT ARmoury
September 17, 2001, 20:39
Did ya lose yours? I can send ya one.

MG-70
September 17, 2001, 23:19
Actually, I think it was CAI or FAC that lost it :D ...but I really do appreciate you helping me find one!!!

Regards,
MG-70

Radio
September 17, 2001, 23:20
Wow, I can't match the sophistication of the impressive airplane wire suggestion, but for down-and-dirty would't a paper clip work? Not as if we're talking about a highly-stressed part here.

BTW, if you would learn to disassemble these rifles only in the clean room while wearing an encounter suit, you wouldn't be losing these parts.

BUWUHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

--Radio ;)

TNT ARmoury
September 17, 2001, 23:25
Whoever buys my house, is gonna find a crapload of AR15 takedown detents, and FAL 'S' Springs in the carpet. I've launched too many to count, never to be found again, 'til you take that midnight walk in the dark, in barefeet....lol
Sounds almost like a Garand clip popping out...PING!

Seriously, I don't think there is enough tension in the paperclip wire, to be an effective windage adjustment spring.

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: TNT ARmoury ]

MG-70
September 17, 2001, 23:27
Hey Radio,
Get with the program, we're cutting the paper trail around here, it's all electronic now...finding music wire will probably be easier :p

TNT is helping out, I promised him I'd take him out for some $6 beers next time he visits the Nation's capital...it'll be calmer by then.

Cheers,
MG-70

TNT ARmoury
September 17, 2001, 23:34
MG-70,
Been up to APG lately? I haven't been in about 10 yrs. Heard they go rid of a bunch of armour.
Howzabout a Heineken at the Belvoir Bar and Grill sometime? lol Used to hang out there when in the AO for WWII re-enactments.

MG-70
September 17, 2001, 23:45
If you wanna go out towards Belvoir, I'm game, nothing like talking guns over a cold one with a buddy...but I was actually thinking a little closer, downtown...$6 will get you a regular old domestic beer --- only heinies you'll see are up on stage (wink, wink...) :cool:

Thanks again for helping out,
MG-70

TNT ARmoury
September 18, 2001, 00:04
Ohh! I gotcha! When you messaged 'Cats', I thought you meant, the musical, not 'Pussy Cats' by the airport...