PDA

View Full Version : OT Mosin Nagant failure to extract

ronster
September 16, 2001, 15:48
Howdy ladies, gentlemen and esteemed WECSOG members and professors emiritus,

Well finally got around to heading out to the range for second time in two years. Yeah I know i have to go more often to be proficient.

Took my R1 assembled by azexarms. No problems over 100+ rounds other than a failure to feed properly which did NOT happen with other magazines. FYI gas setting was 2 on South African r1m1 headstamp surplus 7.62x51.

But to the meet of the post; My Mosin Nagant m.44 carbine failed to extract. After getting home and removing the spent casing in a way even WECSOG neophytes would cringe at I fed five more rounds into the box. I then worked the exaction to feed a round into battery. Then when I tried to extract the round by opening the action it failed again.

Did I assemble the bolt wrong after cleaning last time? Any hints?

My appreciation in advance.

ronster
September 16, 2001, 16:22
Never mind another brain fart just passed...found the extractor on the floor where i was cleaning the rifle last night. :rolleyes:

sorry to annoy anyone... :confused:

2 clicks low
September 16, 2001, 19:52
That O.K., took a friend to the range.I was trying to get more people in to the culture.It sounded like he knew what he was doing.I ran A full clip thru my 45. I showed he the safety,hand him the the load and chamberd .45, What's he do? he looks down the barrel for about 2 sec my heart droped. :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: 2 clicks low ]