PDA

View Full Version : "ONE" of my SANITY tools...

DYNOMIKE
October 04, 2006, 19:35
I love it when the Weather begins to change here in Florida.
Now I can go out and start loading W/Out sweating at the same time.:cool:
I have just begun a New Batch of a.223, and will take 100 rds or so with me on my "OTHER" Sanity break Sunday..
YUP~ RANGE DAY!!

Survey Punk
October 04, 2006, 19:52
I like the bench. Was it purpose built that way or was it something else in a former life?

JB

DYNOMIKE
October 04, 2006, 20:16
Originally posted by Survey Punk
I like the bench. Was it purpose built that way or was it something else in a former life?

JB

Thank's JB~
Well in fact I designed, and Built it myself at My BIL's cabinet shop about 15+ years ago..
Built it with everything "I NEEDED" as part of the design.. Top is recessed for the presses so they do not stick out into the work space.
Shelves and Drawers, as well as an Open section below with a Large shelf for my Tumbler. Below that shelf is were my DILLON media separator lives.
I will build another but "will not" cover everything in Mica next time. Over the years the Glue has dried up and much of the Mica edgeband, and Drawer heads I covered have peeled off. :(
Next one will be "ALL" Plywood.

My SET-UP is "NOT" high speed, but I am OK with that. Thinking about a DILLON 650 as an X-Mas gift from my Secret Santa.:biggrin:
Pistol rounds are all loaded progressive, and I have become Pretty proficient over the years.
Rifle rounds are kind of a Staged affair with Re-sizing and De-capping being done on the REDDING press first.
Cases go through the tumbler again and are then ready to load. Done in a Three Stage affair I prime, move case over for Powder, and then back for Bullet seating. Rounds are completed in the Final Size and Crimp stage again on the REDDING.
Every round is inspected several times, and again although not SPEEDY, I do get quality.
Will be doing .223 for awhile and then will move on to .308.
Got several hundred .45's loaded the other day, so Next Pistol rounds will be 38/.357, and then .44 Maggie.

DYNOMIKE
October 04, 2006, 20:20
Here is ONE of my Helpers..:wink:
My Littlest Buddy..

GSF1200
October 05, 2006, 18:00
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE69
I love it when the Weather begins to change here in Florida.
Now I can go out and start loading W/Out sweating at the same time.:cool:
I have just begun a New Batch of a.223, and will take 100 rds or so with me on my "OTHER" Sanity break Sunday..
YUP~ RANGE DAY!!

Drinking and reloading don't mix

English Mike
October 05, 2006, 18:36
The recessed area for the presses is something I would never have thought of:bow:

I'll be incorporating it into my plans, as I seem to gain bruises off my bench vice every time I go near it:o

DYNOMIKE
October 05, 2006, 18:44
Originally posted by GSF1200

Drinking and reloading don't mix

:rofl:
I wondered how long it woul dbe before I got scolded?:beer:

I am sure your not worried, but it was a SHORT reloading session, a "VERY LONG" Day, and the Brew in the PIC is #2 for the evening..
I am well aware of the inherent dangers of reloading, and safety is always on top of my list..:wink:
However thank you for the reminder..
Sincerely..

DYNOMIKE
October 05, 2006, 19:12
Originally posted by ENGLISH MIKE
The recessed area for the presses is something I would never have thought of:bow:

I'll be incorporating it into my plans, as I seem to gain bruises off my bench vice every time I go near it:o

Well thank you Mike..
The positive comment is much appreciated.

:biggrin: