PDA

View Full Version : Where to hunt Ducks and Geese in PA

rcnpthfndr
October 03, 2006, 13:25
just wondering where there is good public waterfowl hunting in PA. Alot of the local farmers are not too keen or have had bad experiences with hunters in the past. but man those corn fields are filled wth geese.

I am statoned at FIG to assist them with their new Stryker Brigade.

Para Driver
October 03, 2006, 14:05
the ticket, I suggest... is to hang out in the local cafe's where those very same farmers congregate.. show some respect for their toil, some admiration of their land.. you'll get an opportunity.. don't rush it..

most land owners don't like show offs, and hot shots that want to come around and blow the place to smithereens.. but if you tread lightly, and act respectfully, they will open up to you.. don't rush it..

be grateful and share your bag.. you'll be welcome to return..

rcnpthfndr
October 03, 2006, 14:14
thanks Para, thats how i did it in washington state and was rewarded with a 300 acre dairy farm in yelm. i even taught the owners kids how to hunt ducks during those years.

Para Driver
October 03, 2006, 16:24
Originally posted by rcnpthfndr
thanks Para, thats how i did it in washington state and was rewarded with a 300 acre dairy farm in yelm. i even taught the owners kids how to hunt ducks during those years.

okay knucklehead,,, then you know what to do...

The_weasel
October 03, 2006, 17:11
Have you tried looking into Middle Creek? Here is the link to the PGC website. Includes contact information.

Middle Creek (http://www.pagameandfish.com/hunting/ducks-geese-hunting/pa_aa124404a/index1.html)

Never hunter there personally I hunt the Susquehanna (around Harrisburg) and on the Easter Shore of MD but I've heard some good things about Middle Creek.

rcnpthfndr
October 03, 2006, 17:16
thats what i was looking for. i live in carlisle. i just PCS'd (moved) here in february. been TDY since june so i havent been able to get out and look around yet. thanks for the first tip.

Deltaten
October 03, 2006, 20:55
Yup; MIddle Creek's the way to go from there.

O'course, down here, most guys just jump shoot the ducks along cricks flowin' towards the river
:D

Good Hunting,
Paul

mhg
October 05, 2006, 01:58
Originally posted by rcnpthfndr

Dude

Things are getting Good at the new digs.

Matt

Firestarter
October 10, 2006, 19:07
If ya really want to go duck hunting come on down here to Arkansas! Nothing like the Delta and the Mississippi flyway for duck hunting! :biggrin:

rcnpthfndr
October 10, 2006, 19:11
i hunted stuttgart a couple times in 02, while i am here i am going to hunt the chesapeake also. i just got home yesterday amd am going to check out midland this week