PDA

View Full Version : n00b question about bolt hold open/release switch

Illuminaughty
September 21, 2006, 19:31
Is it safe for the rifle to drop the bolt with the switch on the first round/just for the hell of it? My gunsmith said its okay to dry fire fals so I know that's okay, but I was just wondering if using this handy dady switch to drop the bolt on the first round or empty chamber just to close it is kosher.

Thanks for all your help guys! :p :fal:

owlcreekok
September 21, 2006, 20:45
If it is wrong, I am doing it wrong alla damn time. The way I see it, bud, it is a mite less forceful than when it is doing it in "rock" mode. Only thing about it I have noted, is that it seems to take a lot of pressure to disengage the BHO (with finger/thumb). So, I pull the charging handle back (empty or first round) and let fly.

Hell, if it fugs it up, we'll fix the fargin thing. :shades:

BTW- Dude, post this kind of thing down in Gunsmithing/build it yourself or General Firearms Discussion. Get more hits that way and the mods won't bust yer chops. This here area is for existing info that has been Stickied for reference.

:beer:

Illuminaughty
September 21, 2006, 21:59
Originally posted by owlcreekok
If it is wrong, I am doing it wrong alla damn time. The way I see it, bud, it is a mite less forceful than when it is doing it in "rock" mode. Only thing about it I have noted, is that it seems to take a lot of pressure to disengage the BHO (with finger/thumb). So, I pull the charging handle back (empty or first round) and let fly.

Hell, if it fugs it up, we'll fix the fargin thing. :shades:

BTW- Dude, post this kind of thing down in Gunsmithing/build it yourself or General Firearms Discussion. Get more hits that way and the mods won't bust yer chops. This here area is for existing info that has been Stickied for reference.

:beer:

Okay, cool.

:cool: :fal:

Allright, didn't think it belonged in that forum but will do from now on.

W.E.G.
September 21, 2006, 22:09
This forum is ONLY for archiving data, and comments associated with the archived data.

It is absolutely the wrong forum to post any sort of question.

Illuminaughty
September 22, 2006, 00:24
You can move my posts, that's fine. Sorry about that. :sad: