PDA

View Full Version : US Made Gas Piston

FTW2012
August 15, 2006, 23:08
Anybody ever hear of unmarked US compliance parts?

I found a guy on gunbroker selling "US made" AK gas pistons for $15 but he says they are unmarked.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=53862266

Anybody ever hear of that?

Bearwhositshere
August 17, 2006, 10:19
Yes there are many fine vendors/manufacturers who make US compliance parts. There is no requirment to stamp them US or made in the US. Having said that I have no idea if this particular gas piston is US made.

FTW2012
August 17, 2006, 12:46
He said they were made by Century

Now if we are supposed to replace the evil original parts with US made parts
and they are not marked how would anyone know the difference

Who ever came up with this reasoning of replacing perfectly good functioning parts with US made parts so the rifle could be called "not imported"

Someone is on drugs and not sharing

Ted Kennedy must have been involved!

capt ron
August 17, 2006, 16:35
if they came from century they are not marked, i bought 50 of them. they work good. i bought them for myself and i am keeping the orginal receipt on them for insurance in case atfe ask for something.

TheOtherChris
August 17, 2006, 18:24
Originally posted by FTW2012
Anybody ever hear of unmarked US compliance parts?

I've seen Stainless ones that weren't marked but the US is the only place they're made of SS.
I also have unmarked US made slant brakes, but know they were machined in a little shop in the western US.

BUT.......All things being equal, I would rather have marked 922(r) parts.

vern357
August 18, 2006, 21:55
I too bought several century gas pistons, and they are completely unmarked. They do look different (looking at the back/butt end) than the romy pistons I replaces though.

FTW2012
August 19, 2006, 12:37
Thanks for the info guys!

I would rather spend $15 on an unmarked part than
$39 for something marked