PDA

View Full Version : for you's that cometh hunting with me

splattermatic
July 21, 2006, 21:14
here's an ebay auction for an elk hunt in the general area you guys get come on for free with me..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colorado-Elk-Hunt-2nd-Season_W0QQitemZ260008220208QQihZ016QQcategoryZ141 10QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sig220
July 21, 2006, 21:24
Come on Splatt........you are selling yourself short!! He wants $2500 for 4 days. Did you see how ugly HE is??

:rofl: :rofl: :wink:

vmtz
July 21, 2006, 21:30
:beer: :D

idsubgun
July 22, 2006, 09:26
$2500 for a baby elk? I don't think so!

Unless that's the average size of elk around his parts, you'd think he'd show something a little nicer!

VAFisher
July 22, 2006, 09:40
Hey Splatt, what does it take for a out of state guy to hunt out there. Do you need a guide, where to hunt etc. Thinking of doing a elk hunt next year.

splattermatic
July 22, 2006, 11:22
lots of national forest in these parts, so a guide is not needed.
just come out with a hunter saftey cert., buy an over the counter tag, have a place to stay if your not dragging a camper, and wander around.

find a good spot and sit and watch for moving critters.

i am not guiding anyone, they are coming as friends, and going to the area we know there are elk in.
i know where the g man and i are going to sit and watch, and the others can pick a spot they want to sit and watch from.
if they dont like sitting, like chip, there is a huge chunk of land they can hike around in and try to go find the critters.

it's really not that hard to enjoy a colorado elk hunt.

now to go wayyyyy back in, requires horse's and a lot more prep.....

VAFisher
July 22, 2006, 13:37
Sounds like a fun hunt there, I will have to looking into it more for next years hunt. If you have any suggestions on a given area that productive to start with it would be very helpfull. Some place thats not to hard to get in and out of maybe.

English Mike
July 22, 2006, 19:00
Looks like spending the next couple of months losing weight & improving my fitness is a priority - especially after reviewing the photo's from last year.
I just KNOW the next three months is going to drag....

mhg
July 22, 2006, 21:15
Originally posted by splattermatic

find a good spot and sit and watch for moving critters.

i am not guiding anyone, they are coming as friends, and going to the area we know there are elk in.
i know where the g man and i are going to sit and watch, and the others can pick a spot they want to sit and watch from.
if they dont like sitting, like chip, there is a huge chunk of land they can hike around in and try to go find the critters

these parts all the elk in camp were taken by the folks that sat the same patch every day.... boring but effective

I'm not much for sitting, so I spent most of my time pushing.

Almost done scouting Bear/cat and AUG 1 it's game on.

Matt

edited to add... Good luck everyone!

darkknight9
August 01, 2006, 01:35
[B]here's an ebay auction for an elk hunt in the general area you guys get come on for free with me..

Can I come hunting with you next year? I just started to put my life back together again, and its going to take me almost a year to get back into physical shape.

"I was sure I moved and didn't leave a forwarding address, but somehow my gut found me, again."

-dk9

owlcreekok
August 01, 2006, 03:01
Prolly wrong of me to do this here, but splatt can get over it.

VERY good to see you back, dk9. VERY good. It takes some doin', don't it bro'!?

darkknight9
August 01, 2006, 11:56
Originally posted by owlcreekok
Prolly wrong of me to do this here, but splatt can get over it.

VERY good to see you back, dk9. VERY good. It takes some doin', don't it bro'!?

That it does.:D

Good to be back, good to be feelin better. Thanks owl!

splattermatic
August 01, 2006, 22:29
i am over it owl...
????

anyways, hat happened to ya dk9 ??

darkknight9
August 02, 2006, 02:32
i am over it owl...
????

anyways, hat happened to ya dk9 ??

Well, I'll make a long post later, but the short story is.....
Divorce
Sale of the house
Dont get to see my Son as much as I'd like to.
I also got pretty sick for a stretch.

But, the beauty of the system is, once you've hit bottom, youve got nowhere to go but up!

splattermatic
August 02, 2006, 06:11
been there done that 3 times already, keeping number 4......
but no sickness's..
i do not put up with the games, ya date one thing and marry another. the head games start, there's the door.
noone tells me where i can go, who i can visit, when i can do this or that...
the control issues, dont work here.i do comprimise.
they are just women, and can be replaced if NEEDED.....
after my second, i swore no more, til the lil head got thinking for the big head....
never ever listen to that one.......
long ago,i learned to love myself and got to know myself so that when and if someone came along i could share my life with her,,, without issues.
noone can make you happy but yourself....

your child, i am sorry, but hang in there and keep trying, if not...???
i have no children, so i can't give advice on this..

lemme see how it all goes this year. too many people and not enough space, plus life is changing for some, and may or may not be here next year..etc..

the camp door will always be open, so let just see how this year goes first, before we add more...

darkknight9
August 02, 2006, 09:04
Sounds good to me!