PDA

View Full Version : Tapco G1 fake flash hidder question.

Batman
September 15, 2001, 14:23
I took off the original and tried to install the Tapco model. It will not turn and snap in like the original. An I missing something? I will go over the knob but it will only rotate 5 - 10 degrees where as the original retates 40 to 55 degrees before it snaps in. Were these made to not snap in? Or is mine broke?

EMDII
September 15, 2001, 14:26
Write Buddie or Bill at Tapco.com: a first lot got out improperly sized. Buddie posted an earlier response to the same problem. He wants to help.

Batman
September 15, 2001, 16:27
Thanks Ted, I'll call him Monday.

Hootbro
September 15, 2001, 18:37
Originally posted by Batman:
<STRONG>I took off the original and tried to install the Tapco model. It will not turn and snap in like the original. An I missing something? I will go over the knob but it will only rotate 5 - 10 degrees where as the original retates 40 to 55 degrees before it snaps in. Were these made to not snap in? Or is mine broke?</STRONG>

Have the same problem Batman. The sleeve was set back aprox. 1/8th in and does not allow it to snap in place. I wrote a earlier review about two days ago, but Buddie at Tapco emailed me and said he would replace it at no charge> Give him a e-mail and he will hook you up with a new one.

Hootbro