PDA

View Full Version : metric rear sight.

JAVIER
April 07, 2002, 22:06
does all metric sights, G1, stg 58, imbel, etc, use the "s" stop screw spring?? I'm a little confused about this. checking my manual, it shows that the base of the sight has a grove to install this particular spring. I bought a metric sight but I don't see a place to put the spring...thanks for any help on this subject.

Mosin Guy
April 07, 2002, 22:28
Its called a "Z" spring and it fits under the sight base between the sight adjustment screw slots,some sight bases are cut for the "Z" springs and some are not,the "Z" springs and the adjustment screws with the sereations are what give you the clicks when you adjust your rear sight for windage.HTH

JAVIER
April 07, 2002, 22:38
thanks mosin guy, so my sight does not has the cut for the spring. that means that sight does not use the z spring. so with this type of sight, the screws won't click right? they just go in and out. what keep them from getting loose?

Sgt Rock
April 07, 2002, 22:45
what keep them from getting loose? A little elbo grease. The screws oppose each other. Where the z spring is concerned there are two types of screws. One with many serrations on the underside of the screw head and one with half as much as the other.

John Culver
April 07, 2002, 23:07
It would be very handy if some one could post pics oc of:
inch sight
STG-58 sight
I'd like to see a visual

Mad Dog 7.62
April 08, 2002, 05:25
I am at work so I don't have pics...but it's rather easy to tell them apart, as the Inch sight folds down flat. It's made to fold down for the SUIT to be mounted. There are also a bunch of variations...Canadian etc. Gunthings has pics of a lot of them. Note that a Inch rear is higher, as is the Inch gas block and front sight. You can't just put a inch rear on a metric rifle, or vice-versa.

JAVIER
April 08, 2002, 21:14
thanks, so from this, some stg-58, G1 sights do use the "z" spring, and some don't. the early models has the "Z" or the late models?? also, can the stop screws with the serrations (wich are made for the Z type sight) be used on a regular none "Z" type sight??

sparky
April 08, 2002, 22:21
Sorry your having problems 7.62x51. Yes the serrated screws will work. I had a sight that would take a spring but it was not as good as the one I sent. BTW none of the metric sights I have had that where cut for a spring had a spring.