PDA

View Full Version : Sight height??

HatchetJoe
April 07, 2002, 15:29
Ok here is the question:
If you install one of the now available Imbel Para lowers, is the rear sight height compatible with any/all existing front sights/gasblocks? Or does a particular style gasblock/front sight need to be used?

FALPhil
April 07, 2002, 19:58
Nope.

jimmieZ
April 08, 2002, 07:19
Metric front sights come in at least three different heights that I'm aware of - a "one dot" sight, a "two dot" sight and a "three dot" front sight. They get progressively taller going from a !dot to a 3 dot post. You may need to change your front sight whenever you change the rear sight.

Jim Z

Falcon
April 08, 2002, 10:13
Don’t know if this info is particularly useful to you as of yet and certainly not meant to maliciously contradict anyone, but there are five sizes of metric foresights. They are measured from the top flat area of the base, where the dots would be marked, to the very top of the pin. They are as follows:
No dot is 3.0mm tall
1-dot is 3.65mm tall
2-dot is 4.3mm tall
3-dot is 4.95mm tall
4-dot is 5.6mm tall

HatchetJoe
April 08, 2002, 15:14
Guys,

Thanks for the input. While noone came up with a definate answer to the question you guys did yield a solution if the issue crops up. My reading yielded no other info, I probably am not looking in the right places anyway.