PDA

View Full Version : Want to match the finish on my DSA reciever

Stg 58
September 13, 2001, 20:18
I want to matchthe finish on my G1 kit to my DSA reciever. the DSA finish is some kind of parking but it seems darker than what I usally get with the brownells solution. What do you guys think they use to get it dark and what is used to get the "fluffy" texture to it?it different than most parking I have encountered.Thanks

Radio
September 15, 2001, 13:11
Don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I doubt any written instructions would be helpful, due to the great variance of parameters involved at your actual on-site parking session.

1-- Experiment. You may or may not match the exact color and texture of your DSAs, but you will certainly give yourself a great education and sophistication in parking techniques and nuances.
2-- Do nothing. Consider it a multi-toned FAL. The difference will only highlight the receiver and show you to be a man of taste in choosing DSA.
3-- Re-park the entire rifle. This is the best way to virtually guarantee a consistent color even if textures vary a bit. Or, keep your existing park and paint/Gunkote it; gives you an even look everywhere.

--Radio