PDA

View Full Version : G1 gastube

RICK G.
September 12, 2001, 12:58
The gastube on my G1 seems extremely loose, havn't built it yet, waiting on reciever. cleaned up the kit in the parts washer, tube was loose before cleaning.has anyone noticed the same with thier G1's, foresee any problems? Tnanks Rick G .

Slugger
September 12, 2001, 14:06
Mine are the same way. I believe some solder the tube to add rigidity. I was planning on trying this but have not looked into it too much yet. Hope you get some good response! I'll be watching.

EMDII
September 12, 2001, 14:07
Look for a small retaining cross-pin that goes on the underside of the gas block where tube meets internal threads.

Silver Solder is a solution. Make sure you're on straight.

RICK G.
September 12, 2001, 18:25
Thanks for the responses ,Ted checked to make sure retaining pin was there, tube seems to move more than it should, gas piston mic's .429.5, might try a new retaining pin. Thanks Rick G.

sixplusone
September 14, 2001, 20:18
I took (I think Dan at VOWs') advice and 'tinned' the tube. I used a lower melting silver solder. None on the threads; jammed in tight, pinned. still moves but very little. Haven't tested waiting on LS.

cowbilly
September 14, 2001, 21:24
Mine moves a lot too. The retaining pin was a punk to remove so I believe that the tube pin fit is ok. I will try loctite first, if that doesn't work, I'll try the silver solder. I guess as long as there is no major gas leak, the losseness is no gig deal? Still waiting on receivers as well.

Good weekend to all, :cool:

LVACGAR
September 14, 2001, 22:27
My G1 kit as well as my Imbel kit and M444 all have loose tubes. The M444 shot like a dream from the box and continues to do so. Hope the looseness isn't a big deal!

floatingFAL
September 15, 2001, 20:17
I've got a L1A1 barrel that acually has gas
erosion below the tube from a loose fitting
tube and the tube threads were badly eroded
also.Keep the tubes as tight as possible and
everything will last much longer.
floatingFAL

Derby FALs
September 17, 2001, 21:26
You might try this
How to fix a loose GAS TUBE. (http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003101)