PDA

View Full Version : High Capacity Single Stack Mags


JB71
June 29, 2006, 15:13
Since the sun has set on the AWB I was wondering if anyone sells high capacity mags for my single stack Romak 991. Something like a 20 rounder would still look good in the gun yet give me more rounds.

This gun shoots flawless and I even like the thumbhole stock that came with it so I have no plans of messing with it to open up the mag well, plus I already have other AK clones that are double stacked.

It's just this gun shoots the best out of all of them and I would like to see if there are any companies that sell high capacity single stack mags.

So far all of my searches have come up empty.

Anyone ever hear of someone offering high cap single stacks?

Thanks,

JB71
June 29, 2006, 15:40
Now that I think about it...... I still may have a 922r issue if I attach a high capacity mag because I believe there are no compliance parts in this rifle.

Does anyone know the skinny on this?

robmac
June 29, 2006, 18:08
Originally posted by JB71
Now that I think about it...... I still may have a 922r issue if I attach a high capacity mag because I believe there are no compliance parts in this rifle.

Does anyone know the skinny on this?

You can open up the mag well and be able to insert a regular AK mag of over 10 rounds. You will need 6 compliance parts with a muzzle device and 5 without. use a Promag and you already have 3.

JB71
June 29, 2006, 22:36
Originally posted by robmac


You can open up the mag well and be able to insert a regular AK mag of over 10 rounds. You will need 6 compliance parts with a muzzle device and 5 without. use a Promag and you already have 3.

Yeah, I know but I want to keep it with the single stack.

I was just looking for a single stack high capacity mag but like I said I think if I do get one (if they infact exist) I might have 922r issues. Now if somebody offered a USA made single stack high capacity mag, All I would need is a USA made hammer, trigger and sear and I would be in business because I would be able to keep the furniture set that came with it....I like the dragunov style stock on it.

I'm a little worried about modifying it in any way because like I said, it shoots the best out of all of my AK's..........Might be wiser to just stock up on more ten round mags.

FTW2012
June 30, 2006, 03:00
you are not going to find any single stack mags over 10 rounds,
take a real mag, trace it on your receiver with a scribe and cut it out with a dremel, stay a little shy of the lines ane finish it up with a file
the metal is soft and removes without much effort at all

its very easy to do

JB71
June 30, 2006, 16:32
Originally posted by FTW2012
you are not going to find any single stack mags over 10 rounds,
take a real mag, trace it on your receiver with a scribe and cut it out with a dremel, stay a little shy of the lines ane finish it up with a file
the metal is soft and removes without much effort at all

its very easy to do

Thanks for the reply, but like I said in my first post, I already have two other AK's that use the double stack so I don't want to cut on this one. My single stack Romak 991 shoots better than my double stacks do so I want to keep it as it was made.

FTW2012
June 30, 2006, 17:17
WELL, in that case you might try welding two mags together
it might be two feet long by time you are done but could work

good luck!

JB71
June 30, 2006, 18:29
Originally posted by FTW2012
WELL, in that case you might try welding two mags together
it might be two feet long by time you are done but could work

good luck!

LOL!

That would look funky for sure!

I bet if there was one..... say a 20 rounder, it would be right around the length of a normal 30 round double stack mag, so it would still look ok. Now if you tried to make a 30 round single stack then you would indeed have some kind of freek show on your hands there!:D