PDA

View Full Version : Interchageability

mr fixit
April 05, 2002, 23:08
What parts will Interchange between inch and metric kits/guns? Yes I have a dremel and a BFH, so I "could" make anything work ;) , but I'm talking about little or no mods. For example, can I use a L1A1 selector lever in a metric lower? What about a Canadian mag-release in a metric lower? How about sights?
I already know about barrels and mags, and RH/LH threads for muzzle weights, I'm more concerned with the small parts.

moparman
April 05, 2002, 23:22
Inch selector fits in a metric lower. May have to remove a pin that is next to the hole. The innards won't. Inch mag release also fits.
Rear sights are interchangable but you would have to change the whole gas block to change the front sights.
Furniture on the lowers aren't interchangable.(With the exception of the Indian lower and nobody really knows what works on them.... ;)

Anything else?

chunster
April 06, 2002, 08:02
Inch top cover if you grind the back tabs on the top cover off. You can use a real inch charging handle if you grind the folding part so it does not flop around (you may have to lightly sand part to fit) (don't do anything to the receiver. You could also use the Inch front and a metric lower.

mr fixit
April 06, 2002, 16:04
What about useing inch carriers and metric bolts together. What about inch carriers in metric recivers/guns?