PDA

View Full Version : Who makes good recievers?

symtex
April 05, 2002, 12:44
Puting together 7 kits.
Want to know what recievers you prefer.
This is my first build.

Templator
April 05, 2002, 12:48
Imbel gear logo,.. from Dealers Warehouse

SF
April 05, 2002, 13:01
What Templator said :D :D

SHOOTER762
April 05, 2002, 13:48
I have heard from many that an Imbel gear logo reciever is the best. And it is the only one that is licensed by FN :D

ByronF
April 05, 2002, 14:02
Some also say the non-gear logo Imbels are just as good. I don't know that for a fact, but will say they are certainly good enough. I've built rifles on three of them, and all have gone together fine.

Byron

Wadman
April 05, 2002, 15:41
DSA has really nice receivers also. Plus they come in type I and II flavors as well as stainless. Only built a kit using one DSA type I but it was every bit as easy as a pair of type III Imbels. Dealer price on a DSA is $375 so it's not too terribly expensive. Also, stay tuned for future DSA receiver group purchases. We had one last Fall that was quite successful.

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Wadman ]

kotengu
April 05, 2002, 16:28
I would have to say the DSA and Imbel are the best (but Imbel is 1/2 the price of a DSA). Entreprise will do, but seems a little expensive considering the spotty nature of their QC - if they were lower priced I'd have no problem working through any issues. Hesse is even more of a crapshoot - not even worth the low price IMHO.

Williams, :eek: , is a beautiful work of machining ability - it's too bad they used the wrong material and seem to have no problem with lying and stealing.

kfranz
April 05, 2002, 16:44
Pretty good reviews on the FAC type 1 as well.

Razielas
April 05, 2002, 16:50
If any of those kits is an Izzy go with the Entreprise for they have the only recvr to match the threads on the barrell. I don't know if their area around the barrell is bulkier or not since izzy HB has bigger major diam on the thread than most others.

capman
April 05, 2002, 17:09
Imbel gear logo is a good receiver. Not as nice as a DSA.

Imbel receivers are not made under license from FN.

DSA is the best.

cap

rob1
April 05, 2002, 19:19
Wow, that is like asking who is a good football team. You will likely get about as many different answers as you care to read. I have built two on Entreprise, both went together without complications.

Confed Pirate
April 05, 2002, 19:25
Capman Imbel are under license from FN or we wouldnt have Gear Logo and non-logo

Gear Logo i think are the best for the price at Dealer Warehouse

kfranz
April 05, 2002, 19:46
Originally posted by Confed Pirate:
<STRONG>Capman Imbel are under license from FN or we wouldnt have Gear Logo and non-logo

Gear Logo i think are the best for the price at Dealer Warehouse</STRONG>

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LongGun
April 05, 2002, 23:04
I would absolutely have to say that hesse or enterprise are the best quality for the money. HeHe!

capman
April 05, 2002, 23:10
I think the gear Logo belongs to PAC (Pacific Armament Corp) not FN.

Imbel receivers are not made under license to FN Belgium.

cap

DougW
April 05, 2002, 23:21
Not to cotradict rob1, I have had hell with these two Entreprise typr 3's. LOTS of filing and polishing, barrel timing taking a lot of work. Will probably try an FAC or Imbel next time.

FAL Hawaii
April 06, 2002, 03:07
The two companies buying the C3 Imbel reciever from S. America are Pacific Armament Corp. and Century International Arms.

symtex
April 06, 2002, 20:19
Wow, I was finally able to check out my post and I got alot of good responses. Thank you guys. Any of you know much about the recievers DPMS makes?

Blag
April 07, 2002, 00:07
Originally posted by capman:
I think the gear Logo belongs to PAC (Pacific Armament Corp) not FN. ...

Neither. The gear logo belongs to IMBEL, check out their web site......

http://www.imbel.gov.br/

Derby FALs
April 07, 2002, 02:16
Originally posted by FAL Hawaii:
<STRONG>The two companies buying the C3 Imbel reciever from S. America are Pacific Armament Corp. and Century International Arms.</STRONG>

PARS International in Louisville, KY has imported some Gear Logo receivers. 2001 in the magwell. KY-Imports has them for $249.

Templator
April 07, 2002, 02:29
DAMMIT, DERBY!!!,... I've been standin own my head trine ta keep that a secret,.... now you done and gone broadcast it to the masses!,....I've said it before and I'll say it again,.... keep Kentucky gear logo Imbel receivers in KENTUCKY!

:D

blackbird
April 07, 2002, 04:14
Templator.... You are a BAD faloholic....

Where's that newspaper?...(roll, roll roll)...

WHACK! WHACK!

BAD BOY Templator! BAD BOY!

:D

EMDII
April 07, 2002, 06:16
DSA
Entreprise
FAC
IMBEL

Falfegnügen
April 07, 2002, 18:52
In order of My preference, as far as quality:

Imbel
DSA
Entreprise
all the rest

In order of my preference, as far as function, once it's been made to work:

DSA (type-1 or II with sand cuts)
Entreprise (type-I, or L1A1 with sand cuts)
Imbel (no sand cuts)
The rest

Originally posted by mountainman:
<STRONG>If any of those kits is an Izzy go with the Entreprise for they have the only recvr to match the threads on the barrell. I don't know if their area around the barrell is bulkier or not since izzy HB has bigger major diam on the thread than most others.</STRONG>

Actually, I believe the Izzy HB has a SMALLER diameter.

Izzy/Indian = 25 mm

The Rest = 1" = 25.4 mm