PDA

View Full Version : FALS, what's the magic number?

gumby
September 09, 2001, 16:19
Having originally built 3 STG kits, I thought I had the addiction cured. Then along come lower prices on Imbels and G1. Now I can see where I'll shortly have in excess of 12 new little darlings. When does this end? Should I stock up on kits and plan on building them later? Do I need 20 or 30 of these things? I'm interested in knowing what FALers in this group own (or how I can justify more :)

Derby FALs
September 09, 2001, 16:23
I haven't reached the magic number but I will let everyone know when I get there.

Blag
September 09, 2001, 17:20
The magic number is 99.

We know that "over 90 countries" adopted the FAL. So if you go "over 100" that would be too many. The phrasing doesn't match. Go as high as you can, and still match the "over 90" phrase.

99 is it.

1Shot
September 09, 2001, 17:37
Well, the ultimate answer to the Universe is 42..that's the best I can come up with.

lostone
September 09, 2001, 17:54
Is there a magic number?

Snakeshot
September 09, 2001, 18:01
You will know.........when you get there. ;)

Ohfal
September 10, 2001, 01:46
One is the magic number........one of each.

Timber Wolf
September 10, 2001, 09:46
3 seems low, 12 seems high so I don't know. I am at 7 of my own and 2 built for friends and that is not enough. How many is a personal decision that is between you, your FFL, and your pocket book, and maybe your significant other. Everybody CAN have a lot of FALs but you should only have as many as you can comfortably support. Don't go building a bunch of FALs just to dump them on the street to fend for themselves or put them on the public dole because YOU cannot provide a loving, nuturing home for them now and in the future. We do not need a bunch of "Crack Whore" FALs roaming the streets. Bringing a FAL into the world is serious business and should be approched in a serious, thoughtful manner. :D

HeavyArms
September 10, 2001, 10:23
I think one of every configuration is just right. But then how many configurations of the FAL where built?

kev
September 10, 2001, 10:39
I think this one has been answered before. The magic number seems to be 1, as in "just 1 more,..."

Everyone NEEDS one. I don't know how many you WANT. I do know that I still WANT more, tho I've completely lost track of how many I HAVE. That number is somewhere north of 30, but "just one more" still works for me.

ce
September 10, 2001, 10:41
One for each year of your age.That way once you get current, you are only obliged to build one a year.
Stock up on parts for your old age, live long and prosper.

woodie
September 10, 2001, 11:21
I was going to stop at 20, BUT thats changed to 21 with making a Dutch now. Hell just last year I was going to stop at 12 but decied to a G1, then a C1 and a C2 and a F1, and then a? I guess its a never ending till you run out of parts and/or money.

RRotz
September 10, 2001, 17:45
A bunch!

Batman
September 10, 2001, 18:17
It all started with a Century Stg on an Imbel receiver. Sold it but bought a kit and had Rich at CGW build it up. Was great. Then I got another and had Rich do that one a little different. That was great too. Then I bought two more stg kits and built them my self. These were great. Then I got the L2 bug and when I couldn't get the parts the did a C2. I have all the parts but have not done the final assembly. then I got a good deal on a Izzy new front end. Then a Izzy lower with butt complete, got a bundh of the extra Izzy parts. Then I ordered a kit in the group buy (that I still don't have!!!). Then I got two L1 kits form Harlan, then two more from Tapco cause they were cheaper. Then two G1's from Tapco. Then two type one receivers form DSA, Then two inch imbels form Harlan and an inch type one form Entreprise for the C2. Then Williams came along and, well, two more from him, an inch and a metric. I have 7 free Tapco mugs to indicate all the parts that I have bought from them. Yesterday I looked at all the stuff and said HOLLY SHIT. It's break time!

All said I think i'm up to 13.

Ha, I just forgot, I picked up a nice SAR-48 Izzy HB this past week. I think I'm going to sell my extra Izzy stuff.

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: Batman ]