PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Izzy-style brake experiences?

RS39
April 04, 2002, 20:08
Enterprise makes an Izzy-style muzzle brake for several guns, including metric FAL. Does anybody out there have feedback in this model? (Search failed for me, but the $55 price will make it scarce.)

FWRA
April 04, 2002, 22:30
Originally posted by RS39:
<STRONG>Enterprise makes an Izzy-style muzzle brake for several guns, including metric FAL. Does anybody out there have feedback in this model? (Search failed for me, but the $55 price will make it scarce.)</STRONG>

Go with one of Gun Plumbers fake Izzy brakes.
I have Entreprise's Izzy (Smith) brake on mine and it doesn't look as good as the one GP has. Hislooks like the original and from a distance you'll never tell.

FWRA

RS39
April 05, 2002, 08:08
Any reports on how it actually works? Noise/recoil help? This is their multi-ported part #SEM-FAL/RV.
Thanks

FWRA
April 05, 2002, 08:46
Originally posted by RS39:
<STRONG>Any reports on how it actually works? Noise/recoil help? This is their multi-ported part #SEM-FAL/RV.
Thanks</STRONG>

I test fired only 40 rounds but it did a good
job on the recoil end. Noise? I shoot with Pro Ears on and couldn't really say.

The Entreprise (Smith) brakes do a good job reducing felt recoil so if actual muzzle control is your intended purpose the Entreprise is your brake. It is pricy but if you looking for a budget build, don't even consider an Israeli. The brake at $50+ is pricy but is just the tip of the iceberg on the high Izzy parts costs. :D

If you want authenticity, either the GP fake brake or having the original sleeved is your best bet.

The Entreprise/Smith looks just fine:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pea54d13c150cf34207c9314f6cd14dae/fdd416de.jpg

This FAL varient is expensive to build but it sure brings "oooh" and "aaah's" at the range!

FWRA

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: FWRA ]

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
April 05, 2002, 09:08
Originally posted by FWRA:
<STRONG>Go with one of Gun Plumbers fake Izzy brakes. I have Entreprise's Izzy (Smith) brake on mine and it doesn't look as good as the one GP has. His looks like the original and from a distance you'll never tell.

FWRA</STRONG>

I'm sure Gunplumber is choking on his breakfast right about now.....heh heh :D :D :D

RS39
April 05, 2002, 09:53
Thanks again for the feedback. This has nothing to do with authenticity, just seeking out a fairly effective brake for my blaster build (plates/pins).
I am getting a FSE fake Stoll for the Ironwood build, and am quickly deciding to either re-tap my 7.62 AK74 brake or buy another brake for the black Penguin workhorse build.