PDA

View Full Version : home made wood pistol grip

krallstar
April 04, 2002, 17:32
Hey I made a copy of the plastic steyr grip that came with my gi from DSarms. I made it out of cherry wood looks pretty good. Does this count as one of the american made parts? Tree grown in amer. built by an american. Anybody thanks

Pete2
April 04, 2002, 18:26
Originally posted by krallstar:
<STRONG>Hey I made a copy of the plastic steyr grip that came with my gi from DSarms. I made it out of cherry wood looks pretty good. Does this count as one of the american made parts? Tree grown in amer. built by an american. Anybody thanks</STRONG>

Sure does.

P.S. where the materials come from is irelevant, only where it was made into it's final form.

colt88
April 07, 2002, 05:32
How about some photos :D

krallstar
April 07, 2002, 12:13
I do not know how to do this, can you tell me how. I have a web cam i think i can use it to take stills. How then do i get them to this sight.
Hope this works

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?[/img.] null null [img.]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?[/img.][IMG]null nul l

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: krallstar ]

masterwrench
April 07, 2002, 20:14
I read this post the other day and decided to make a pistol grip myself also. Made it out of rosewood that my gunsmith friend had laying around his shop for several years. Looks really cool, much better than the plastic! Thanks for the post Krallstar, got me motivated :)

krallstar
April 07, 2002, 20:42
Same here just kickin around the other day found an old project unfinished. Decided to turn it into something new. A couple hours latter there i am. Now i have this grip and the stock does not match. It is not that bad untill you are handling it. I am debating if i should redo my stock and use a cherrywood stain. Decisions decisions

masterwrench
April 07, 2002, 21:12
If you decide to make a stock, let me know how it comes out and how you did it! Been debating if I want to tackle this one too.

krallstar
April 07, 2002, 21:16
I do not have a lot of woodworking experience I did this with a drill press files and sandpaper. A stock might be a little to much but mabe if I :D

eodinert
April 08, 2002, 10:47
If you want that image link to work, there actually needs to be an image in the location referenced.

-Doug

krallstar
April 08, 2002, 15:40
there were images where did they go