PDA

View Full Version : Firing Pin Spring Question

Conagher
April 04, 2002, 15:43
I've got a new CAI L1A1 and I decided to field strip it to learn more about my FAL and to clean it. I took the bolt and carrier out, put my finger over the end of the firing pin to keep from losing the firing pin spring when I removed the cross link and when I removed the firing pin, there wasn't a firing pin return spring in it. The FAL has been working fine, I just thought that there should be a firing pin spring in it? Please let me know ASAP as to whether I need to order a spring or not.

Thanks.

Mr pogo
April 04, 2002, 15:55
Yes, all Fal variants use a FP spring. Wouldnt shoot it until you get one to avoid slamfires, not to mention the FP retaining pin coming out without spring pressure to hold it in.
Make sure there isnt a spring stuck inside bolt. If one piece FP its metric, if two piece FP you need to check if its inch or Izzy, probably inch if Century.

Conagher
April 04, 2002, 16:28
Mr Pogo,
My FAL has a 1 piece firing pin in it. I'll
take the bolt out of it again and see if the firing pin is just stuck in the bolt. I looked in there with my bore light, but it didn't look like the end of a spring. I'll check and see though. Thanks for the help! :D