PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the G-1 Flash-hider

Moose
September 06, 2001, 21:13
:confused: OK, FAL experts how do you remove the G-1 Flash-hider ? Also would a wooden pistol grip be consider original on a G-1 ?
Thanks !!!

gunnut1
September 06, 2001, 21:51
Methinks the secret to removing the FH on the G1 is as follows.

This is kinda hard to discribe but I will give it a shot.

The FH is held on with a piece of spring steel "plate". One side on the spring is rolled to hold it on the barrel and this is the side that will move to remove the flashhider. Mine has a pin that holds the rolled side in place. The other side is just "bent" and goes into the hider. The barrel lug fits between these two ends of the spring. Remove the pin and place the slots in your left hand and the barrel in the right hand. Place your left thumb against and slightly below the side of the spring that is bent where it goes into the hider. Not the rolled side. Press your thumb towards the rolled side of the spring. Now turn the fh toward yourself and the barrel way from yourself. It should rotate off. My was reallly stuck. When I finally got it off there was all kinds of trash and gunk behind it.

Hope this helps. Also, I am left handed so this way worked for me. Your milage may vary! :D

espeholt@hushmail.com
September 07, 2001, 02:46
Originally posted by Moose:
<STRONG> :confused: OK, FAL experts how do you remove the G-1 Flash-hider ? Also would a wooden pistol grip be consider original on a G-1 ?
Thanks !!!</STRONG>
A wooden pistol grip was used originally when the G1 was made back in 1957-58 but some have later been rebuilt with a platic pistol grip.
Claus

:rolleyes:

kyle
September 07, 2001, 07:04
I found that I needed the leverage of a screwdriver poked through the slots to rotate the flash hider.