PDA

View Full Version : memorial weekend and more

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 20:50
been busy workin my tail off, but still find time with the long days now to have some fun.
here's the boat and the company pickup heading out for weekend on the lake.
the wind blew like mad and white caps were no problem for her.
the wife and i are very happy with her, we went fishing last sunday and we both commented we should have bought a boat years ago.
it's a money pit we both know, as we are taking her to a mechanic saturday for an outdrive inspection/see what the noise coming from in there is fixin.....

first maintanence bill !!!

stop in here just bout every mornin to make sure ya'll are behavin but havent posted much...

now to just buy a few toys to replace aaaalllllll the ones i sold to buy her...:rolleyes:

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 20:52
first night there number 1 grandson just had to catch frogs..
here's his first one..

Snakeshot
June 08, 2006, 20:53
Lookin' good!

Should be some fun.
Getcher tools out.:wink:

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 20:54
i want to set the boat up for trolling for the huge pike that live in the lake, but so far our informal trolling has landed the first one...
alright not a monster, but it's a start...

anyone know if pike are territorial or just roam around ??

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 20:56
the fire season is starting up here with a vengance....
here's the first around here, hope they stay on indian land and not on national forest... wouldnt want the hunting to suffer this year.....

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 21:00
and what the forest service or whomever are doing to fight them..
while in a cove fishing, i heard this chopper coming, didnt recognize the sound so i kept looking at first, it circled over the cove and was dropping his tube while over head, then he dropped down to the main lake and started taking on water..
really cool to watch, and what flying skills..
very high head wind, watching out for boats, and gaining weight the whole time....

i commend the pilots for a great show and great flying skills...:bow:

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 21:02
and just a shot of the wild nothing land i work in every day....

no 7 to 11's out here.....

now ya all see why it takes so long for me to send stuff out....

splattermatic
June 08, 2006, 21:06
one last one of the rig in the sun light..

Snakeshot
June 08, 2006, 21:23
Originally posted by splattermatic
the fire season is starting up here with a vengance....
here's the first around here, hope they stay on indian land and not on national forest... wouldnt want the hunting to suffer this year.....

Now there's a sight that puts the fear into me...

I live in some dry and flammable country, so YIKES!

Da Nerd
June 09, 2006, 07:59
I like your new avatar.
PIKE,
I always drifted and cast toward likely spots with a large lure.
They LURK like some here.

calvinike
June 09, 2006, 15:31
Splatter,

You have to know that every time you post these type of pictures, people are going to move to NM. I am one jealous bastard. Only a few more years till I'm up on the ranch in NE Oregon.

Keep living well.

Windustsearch
June 10, 2006, 13:18
Pike are very territorial. Each one will have several areas it may occupy at any given time, but the area can change throughout the season. Fish the fingers and bays, cast and retrieve just like for bass. Spinnerbaits and large repalas work great as well as live herring under a bobber if that is legal in your state. And when I say repalas, I mean BIG ones, 6" or more, hinged. Use a steel leader! Check what colors are working for everyone else. Basically put the tackle right on top of them.

Average youngsters in most places are going to be 24"-30." Adults average 36"-40." They can get HUGE though.

Good luck!

zack taylor
June 10, 2006, 15:03
Splatt

It's about time ya started fishin' Navajo. What's the water level these days?

splattermatic
June 10, 2006, 22:15
the lake is full, and the gates are open on the river.
cfm is real high, dont know how much tho ??

fishing is excellent on the lake.

lots of smallmouths.

Andy the Aussie
June 10, 2006, 22:26
Hey Splatt.....those Erickson (sp) Sky Cranes are sure something to see up close. They import two from the US ("Elvis" and Georgia Peach" I believe) for the summer fire season here. Had one go over us a few years ago when the smoke and flames were a little close for comfort...!! They are welcome back no doubt.

Boat looks like fun...!! I am off bush next weekend for a few days Hog hunting (well...actually after Red Deer but if I say that I will only see hogs....see my logic in action here) so I should have a few pics to bother y'all with in a couple of weeks. spending the first week or so of July out west hunting Chital Deer as well. Then it is the count down to the US trip...!!

Andy :bigangel:

splattermatic
June 14, 2006, 08:44
hey zack,
was at the lake yesterday, and since saturday, the lake has dropped just over 4 feet !!!:eek:

napi sure must be using a lot of water for their irrigating...

zack taylor
June 14, 2006, 12:46
Splatt

If it drops anymore, head over to Francis Canyon. The bass fishing is fantastic there when the water level is low. Go all the way to the end of the canyon and flip some spinners along the edge. You'll get tired of dragging 'em in after a while.:)

We're probably going to head up weekend after next.

splattermatic
June 15, 2006, 08:56
francis is too busy with all the partier's, jet ski's, jet boat's,etc....

i know of some other quieter places to go, and more fish..
been talking to some people and got some tips where to go as well.

gimme a shout as next weekend is my 2 days off....06/24-25.....
hope the boat will be done by then.....

wind was blowing like all git out yesterday up here, white caps and 3 foot waves kept everyone in...

owlcreekok
June 15, 2006, 18:36
cfm is real high

Call me wierd, I mean if THAT makes ya feel good.......... oops, sorry, another ZZTop lyric made it into a post. :angel:

anyway............:sleep:

I always thought it was kinda funny, liquid fluid flow is generally measured in GPM (gallons per minute). Gaseous fluid flow measured in CFM (cubic feet per minute). THEN,,,,large volumetric flows of liquid is measured in CFM (yep, just like air)

Sorry, the first double after a long abstinance does that to me.

BTW, nice boat splatt, just like you described. :beer: