PDA

View Full Version : STG flahhider............

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
September 04, 2001, 18:29
what is the proper way to render one legal? What has to be done with the diameter? Can the ears be pushed outward .050", the inside bored, and a piece of stainless tubing welded in place? Thanks in advance.

vmtz
September 04, 2001, 18:41
It is easier to just buy the DSA look alike. But if you want to use what you have you are on the right track. Got to sleve up the prongs, make sure it cannot take a baynotte (sp) or rifle granade.

Vince

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
September 04, 2001, 20:23
Come on guys, somebody's got to know something about this.

Vince, the reason I want to keep the original is because it's on a real nice FN made low number STG that does not need refinishing and the DSA brake that I already have does not match in color.

All I need to know is how much larger in diameter I need to go over stock to be legal.

Eclipse
September 04, 2001, 21:02
Assuming you negate the FH aspect, you should increase the overall diameter to 23mm or more - enough to make sure a standard 22mm rifle grenade will no longer fit over the muzzle. Since the STG-58 wasn't issued with a bayonet, that part is of no concern.

gunplumber
September 04, 2001, 21:28
ATF approved a submission where one prong of the FH was removed - another member submitted it a year or so ago and somewhere I have a copy of his letter. Removing that one prong made it a MB not a FH. Also, a tiny pin at 6 o'clock or a drop of weld should suffice. Otherwise I have new US made "harmonic stabilizers" that are a perfect copy of a sleeved FH for $25 + $5 s/h/i

Slugger
September 04, 2001, 23:18
You don't want to hear my opinion. :mad: