PDA

View Full Version : I bought DSA Type I Receiver w/o Carry Handle Cut... Mistake???

cornholio1
June 02, 2006, 21:35
Well I went and bought the DSA Type I w/o carry handle cut. What does this mean exactly? Does this mean I cannot put a carry handle on it? Could someone post pics of fully assembled FALs with and w/o carry handles? If the carry handle is the thing that sticks on top of the rifle., I don't think I want it. I will buy GPG's kit, but it looks like his comes with a carry handle. Do I need to install it? Thanks

homelandprotector
June 02, 2006, 22:54
:rofl: Cornholio?, Welcome to the files!

You will not be able to put a carry handle on the rifle, no biggie though lots of guys do not like them and I really never use the carry handle. They just add a little bit of cool factor to the looks of a Fal.

Entreprise has pics of the non carryhandle types >> www.entreprise.com

I found a good avatar for ya. :biggrin:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1607/beavis6bz.gif

fastprofessor
June 02, 2006, 23:03
Yeah, you just won't be able to install the carry handle on top. No big deal for most people. I have one with and one without. It is sometimes convenient to carry the rifle that way, but I don't really miss it when I pick up my FAL without the carry handle. YMMV.

cornholio1
June 03, 2006, 10:02
Thanks Guys. I am on a 2-1/2 month wait list

W.E.G.
June 03, 2006, 10:27
The Reference and Data Section is not the correct forum for posting original questions.

This is a REFERENCE forum.

A reference forum is intended to be a repository where knowledgeable individuals post DATA about a topic of study.

Original newbie questions of this sort should be posted in the General Firearms Discussion forum, or the Gunsmithing Forum.

GripItRight
June 26, 2008, 04:25
Very Nice. But True. And since this is where knowledgeable individuals post DATA about a topic of study...
The DSA website posts DSA Magazine Articles at
http://www.dsarms.com/magazine_articles.asp and at the bottom is the
"October 2000 issue of Soldier of Fortune" magazine that presents
"FAL In Itís Finest Form, DSAís SA58: The Greatest Battle Rifle?"
http://www.dsarms.com/pdf/FALFinestForm.pdf
with many other good references!

The "carry handle cut" is addressed in that review on page "45." The "carry handle cut" topic has been kicked around but I like this review best! Check it out for yourself. :smile:

I'm gonna call DSA tomorrow and try to get my order changed [no carry handle cut, no carry handle].

Sorry it took two years and my dumb luck for this post. Good luck:smile:

JohnnyReb
July 25, 2008, 22:15
Does anybody else find it funny that the original post by "cornholio1" in 6/06 was answered by " GripItRight " in 6/08? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

DYNOMIKE
July 25, 2008, 22:34
Originally posted by JohnnyReb
Does anybody else find it funny that the original post by "cornholio1" in 6/06 was answered by " GripItRight " in 6/08? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

YOU SIR.....
Are TWISTED... :tongue: :p :beer: