PDA

View Full Version : Mount comparison questions

TXscout
May 07, 2006, 00:00
How does the ARMS #3 or #4, and the DSA compare to the Leatherwood, WAC QD-PRO, or the Grenadier Precision Scout Mount?? Any old school fellas have any opinions?

Would be great if the mods would make "The Great FAL Optics/Rail Mount Comparison Sticky"

Thanks in advance :smile:

HOwebman
May 07, 2006, 00:47
I have a GP scout mount, and it's the best that I have ever used. Built to last, and it maintains zero time after time, and molds with the original lines of the gun. Just my two cents worth.

brownknees
May 07, 2006, 05:26
I'm in the process of getting an ARMS #3. I want to do this because of the slide on/off feature. The only thing I can see is that with the rail not extending fully to the front I'll have to mount my scope with the front ring just about all the way back to the turret mount.
The bolt-on ones all have the basic problem of having to either unbolt (& lose zero) every time you clean, or work inside a "tunnel" & lose the easy access to all the parts..
At least that's my experience with the TAPCO, & the DSA, both of which I have used.
I was really interested in the GP COP, but after all that has happened there I'm afraid I'll just pass on that (probably excellent) one, based on availability issues.
I'm not familiar with the WAC one.
They all seem to ding up with brass, but that's only a cosmetic issue, unless you reload, where brass condition matters.
Finally, I don't know if you have, or use a carry handle, but if you do then you will lose the ability to use the handle with any full-size scope.:cry:

Lostinthewoods
May 07, 2006, 09:52
I too passed on the GP mount after seeing a few posts about loose mounts on Imbels. I have an older SAR48 so I thought I'd just skip the possible headache. I had a WAC mount and loved it. The ejection port on the WAC mount was nicely shaped and as a result the mount didn't take much of a beating. I'm not going to be able to use a WAC mount on my para even if I could find another so I'm going with the ARMS#4.