PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/slr105r &muz cover

R_LeComte
May 04, 2006, 23:04
I have a Bulgarian Arsenal (circle 10 stamping) SLR 105r that appears to be coverted to ban style or was manufactured as a ban rifle. It has a sleeve over the muzzle. The FSB has the the spring and plunger holding the sleeve in place. I can not find a blind pin anywhere on the sleeve.

My question, is the muzzle threaded or is this a press fit even though the FSB has the plunger and spring?

Second question; if it is threaded, what direction do I unscrew it?

Thanks in advance.

radkoch
May 05, 2006, 09:49
Can you push in the FSB in? The threads are L/H so remove it counter/clock-wise (as seen from the buttstock end) while holding the button down. If the pin won't press back into the FSB you may have to remove the fwd FSB retention pin to get it to go in. Your sleeve maybe tack welded like some of the Mitchell Yugo AK's

R_LeComte
May 05, 2006, 14:45
Thank you for your help. The plunger does retract into the FSB. I will attempt a removal tonight. Hopefully it is not tack welded.

barjack
May 05, 2006, 22:47
There were two types of Arsenal SLR-105 imported during the ban.

The first and rarer version was a silver soldered cap-over-thred. This is a very ovbious modification, as the sleeve is quite visible covering threads if you look right at the business end (should look like three rings, the barrel, the 24mm siteblock front, and the sleeve around the 24mm threads).

The second verson imported looked the same but the threads were just not cut at all and there is no blind pin or plunger to hold a flash hider in place. These are the most prolific and also the ones that Arsenal Las Vegas converted into the SLAR-105 A1 by removing the front site block and adding a new one endowed with a working bayo lug and threads.

On mine, it was easier to buy a new 24mm threaded front sight block from KVAR and tap the whole wold sight off like the folks in Las Vegas do. Cost me about 80 bucks all told, but I have good taps and a vise.