PDA

View Full Version : www.galaxyarmynavy.com

Kyrottimus
April 20, 2006, 02:42
HUGE thumbs down...

I ordered a small nylon molle bag (the same ones at Cheaper than dirt, but more expensive because Cheaper than dirt doesn't have any OD ones left and this is the only other alternative).

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/proddetail.asp?prod=co-127nylon

The one at Cheaper than Dirt is here:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE302-19881-1976.html

I ordered this bag from Galaxy on April 8th. It is now the 20th and still no package. I received no shipping confirmation nor tracking number.

According to their "Contact Us" section of the page, it is only supposed to take UPS Ground 2 days to ship from their store location (NY, NY) to my area (1 County west of Cook County, IL).

It has been 4 days since it was officially listed as "Shipping" on their "Order Status" section. A gracious 2 more days to allow it to get here.

Now I don't know if UPS screwed the pooch on this one, but the fact that I didn't get a shipping number from Galaxy didn't help, nor the fact that they kept me in the dark this entire time about everything except for the confirmation email when I actually placed the order.

I'm about ready to bite the bullet, and order a black or coyote Deployment Bag from Cheaper Than dirt just to see which one gets here first. I can always use two anyways, they are great little bags.

In any event.

AVOID SHOPPING AT www.galaxyarmynavy.com LIKE THE PLAGUE!

They have two walk-in stores and apparently their online customers will always play second fiddle to their in-person customers.

HORRIBLE customer service. NEVER AGAIN! :o

kfranz
April 20, 2006, 09:51
http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MSS&Product_Code=157644

$20

Kyrottimus
April 20, 2006, 23:43
DOH!

Kyrottimus
April 22, 2006, 16:01
UPDATE!

The company is still dragging their feet. They claim that if I havn't received the package yet, that UPS lost it. The guy, "Jon" said he'd call his local UPS routing location to sort it out.

2 days have passed since that Email with no update.

What does everyone suggest? Should I call the FTC on this goon? What about the BBB?

Honestly, I think that this is the most rediculous experience I've ever had with any online order I've ever made.

In any event, if I don't receive the package of Wednesday by next week, I'm contesting the charge on my card.

...suggestions welcome...

--Kyro

Kyrottimus
April 23, 2006, 01:46
UPDATE!

I received this email today from galaxyarmynavy.com

"It was backordered but the product came in this week and it was sent out UPS 1Z7453XXXXXXXXXX, I am sorry about the delay.

Jon"

So technically he lied to me, a week ago, stating that it was shipped.

Not only is this place over-priced, it is completely off on it's shipping.

What whould have taken a week, will arrive on the 27th... almost 20 days after I ordered it. Talk about lame...

I officially add www.galaxyarmynavy.com to the blacklist of crappy online businesses.

gunnut1
April 25, 2006, 02:55
Read my sig line

Kyrottimus
April 27, 2006, 16:28
Yeah yeah...

Get this. I ordered this bad-boy on April 8th. It is now the 27th. 20 days isn't that bad for some over-priced, new-york item.

I live, I learn. Lets hope the rest of you do the same process (in that order).

newfalguy101
April 27, 2006, 16:35
anybody else remember the "good ol days" when 4-6 WEEKS was normal for shipping?????????????????????????????

Kyrottimus
April 28, 2006, 12:30
I'm not so steamed over how long it took... just that they told me it shipped, then two weeks later said, "Whoops, our bad. It didn't ship until today!"

That pissed me off.