PDA

View Full Version : Los Lunas Mystery Rock

Bug Tussell
April 10, 2006, 22:29
also known as the Ten Commandments Rock, Los Lunas Decalogue Stone.
This rock has the Ten Commandments in Hebrew.
Age is supposedly 4,000 years old.

Bug Tussell
April 10, 2006, 22:30
close-up of hebrew carvings...

Bwana John
April 11, 2006, 10:59
I have seen many petroglyphs... some old, some new... cowboy-glyphs, hippy-glyphs, kiddy-glyphs, but this is my first "Rabbi-glyph".:tongue:

I would guess closer to 40 years old. The surface it is written on appears to be spalling. Note the lack of desert varnish or lichens. Even "JTW's" tag looks older and is on an older surface.

What does Windy think? :?

hydrotx
April 11, 2006, 18:41
I'm probably wrong, but that doesnt look like Hebrew to me, at least not what I've been taught, but then again, I spent most of my Hebrew School years looking at the girls.

Sayeret Tzanhanim
April 11, 2006, 18:43
No...it don't look like Hebrew to me either. Looks more Greek, actually

Sayeret Tzanhanim
April 11, 2006, 18:45
I think it is Skater-punk
"W8ted 4 U got dark"

English Mike
April 11, 2006, 19:07
Looks like it was done five minutes ago.

Snakeshot
April 11, 2006, 19:53
My vote is for Kyle from Southpark.

On review, a different third grader.

Windustsearch
April 11, 2006, 22:03
Bwahahahahha

4000 years old....

bwahahahahahaha

Its new.

hydrotx
April 12, 2006, 08:23
I showed it to one of the Orthodox Jews in my office and he thinks it may be written in ancient Hebrew. As a geologist, and having seen weathering patterns (due to aolian effects, spalling, etc.) it looks a heck of a lot more recent than 4,000 years though. I have attached some ancient Hebrew examples.

Andy the Aussie
April 14, 2006, 01:37
Looks more like the gman got on the drink and was trying to write "George was 'ere" on the rock and got a mite confused....:beer: :beer: :bigangel:

skfullgun
April 14, 2006, 01:46
Looks very recent to me.

ce
April 19, 2006, 14:42
It's Greek, circa 500 BC.
Last week I met Dixie Perkins, who researched it and translated the writing.

She wrote a book about it in 1979, and the tale is of a Greek nobleman who was captured and sold into slavery, then somehow found his way across the Atlantic and up the Rio Grande to Bug's back yard, where he wrote all this down on the rock.

This is no shit, you can even ask Dixie. She's a really impressive lady, and she won't find your musings very amusing.

Her husband, Warren, was communications officer for the 365th Bomber Group, The Air Apaches, flying with B25s in the South Pacific

Story
April 19, 2006, 15:43
http://www.dukecityfix.com/index.php?itemid=1475

Read all about it.

English Mike
April 19, 2006, 18:58
Two words:

Piltdown man.

Mebsuta
April 20, 2006, 21:01
It is of the Devil, and the whole thing has a Nazi aura to it. You can find spent 7.92 and .30-06 cases all over the desert in NM, which is proof that the Germans and the Americans engaged in sharp firefights and pitched battles over this very rock. Why I don't know, but any army that carries the Ark before it is said to be invincible in battle.

Bug Tussell
April 20, 2006, 21:28
Greek, hebrew - I don't know.
But I do know that when I touched the rock I got a burning sensation in my hand!
I stuck it on a thorn. :biggrin:
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyways, here is a pic of a rock right in front of the glyphics.
You might be able to make out "Hobe and Eva" "xxx, xx 1930".

From what I read there is an account of someone reporting the carvings in the late 1800's.

Story
April 21, 2006, 04:29
It says - " Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtaga!"

dalegribble
April 22, 2006, 13:45
Originally posted by Story
It says - " Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtaga!"

Are there any structures constructed using a non-euclidean geometry in the area? Did you feel a sense of dread, as if you were in the presence of a cosmic evil? Did anything with tentacles on it's face attempt to eat you? Are you currently insane or about to become insane? If you can answer yes to any of these questions...well...yeeesh.