PDA

View Full Version : Argie barrel ?

dino1
October 02, 2001, 23:04
If I put together an imbel kit but use one of the argie bipod cut barrels will I have any front/rear sight issues that I should be aware of? I'd like to go forward w/ both eyes open. TIA!

Dirtfarmer
October 03, 2001, 00:18
DSA has the closed ear/ low line of sight (typical metric) models for 97.50. ... no issues.
Goodwill,
-Dirtfarmer

dino1
October 03, 2001, 00:57
That's the one I was looking at, would like to mount one of the quick release bipods on it. To many projects, not enough time.

panchop
October 03, 2001, 00:59
Hey Dino what are you gonna do with your Imbel barrel? I got a SAR-48 I would like to put a new barrel on.

MG-70
October 03, 2001, 09:07
Not sure if this answers the original question, but if you put your Imbel gas block on the Argentine bbl, you should be good to go...

MG-70

dino1
October 03, 2001, 17:44
Ok now what if I wanted to use the folding rear sight, should I just use an inch gasblock? How hard are the gasblocks to install? All my fals so far are ironed sights, I'd like to build one w/ a dsa rail and some kind of red dot sight.

shortround
October 03, 2001, 17:55
If you want to use the folding (higher) rear sight then you should get the open eared argie barrel instead. I believe DSA will pick one for you if you tell them what you need.

dino1
October 03, 2001, 18:03
So I think I got it now, closed = low sights(metric), open = high sights(inch). Excuse me whilst I beat my self about the neck and face with a receiver wrench.

Mr pogo
October 04, 2001, 05:13
Originally posted by dino1:
<STRONG>So I think I got it now, closed = low sights(metric), open = high sights(inch). Excuse me whilst I beat my self about the neck and face with a receiver wrench.</STRONG>

Umm, close but not quite.

Early metric = open ears, high sights
Later metric = closed ears, low sights

All inch = high sights

All Israeli = high sights. BTW the Izzies front sights work on other open ear metric gas blocks because they were the original FN setup before switching to low sights.

Keep in mind when switching gas blocks the other gas parts like piston and gas plug need to be properly matched to each other.