PDA

View Full Version : Removing lock-up latch on lower rec. question

milljocky
April 01, 2002, 16:26
I want to strip a G1 lower for parts to put in a DSA alum. lower and got down to the lockup latch, I guess you need that little screw out of the back of the lower to pull the lever out the side, do you need to remove the rec. spring tube to get it out, or would a canibalized allen wrench/turned screwdriver be strong enough to turn it?
Am I on the right track before I start wrecking stuff? How tight is that screw if it is a screw?
Thanks.

Shrike
April 01, 2002, 16:35
You do not need to remove the recoil tube. First take the screw out that is under the tube. it takes a small flat-head. then push the lever out from the right side, push the little button looking thing. that should make the frame lock-lug spring forward, but dont worry it wont go anywhere. next, remove the retaining pin from the left side with a 3/32 punch. now pull out the frame lock lug, spring and plunger. :)
Mike

Shrike
April 01, 2002, 16:37
oh yeah, i forgot.... the screw should be easy to take out, unless there is alot of gunk in there.

milljocky
April 01, 2002, 19:26
Thanks! :)

W.E.G.
April 01, 2002, 22:00
lower receiver disassembly: step-by-step (http://www.falfiles.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000085)

Radio
April 03, 2002, 11:26
One more note: it's a lot easier to remove the latch lever if you first use your thumb to push in on the locking latch. This removes tension off the lever and allows it to push out easily.

--Radio