PDA

View Full Version : Looking for gunsmith in central PA

Roarincreek
April 01, 2002, 11:20
I have collected my parts,spent hours reading posts and now think it would be better and safer to pay someone to barrel my kit.any help out there?

omar
April 01, 2002, 21:58
There was a group on the board from around Reading who built rifles last summer. try doing a search for "group build". I'm originally from Pottsville, but I'm in West Texas now, otherwise I'd help. Is Roaring Creek somewhere around Knoebels Grove?

Jim

justashooter
April 01, 2002, 22:35
now think it would be better and safer to pay someone to barrel my kit.any help out there?[/QB][/QUOTE]

just about to order a kit or two myself, and am gathering notes on the project. i live in central pa and would like to collaborate with experienced or novice builders as this would be a first for me too. can't be all that bad, can it?

ByronF
April 02, 2002, 09:40
I'm in W. PA and would be willing to help out with tools or my limited experience (only built three). I have an Elliot wrench and a barrel shoulder relieving tool. I also have some rods for verifying barrel timing. Don't have any headspacing tools, vice, or barrel jaws though.

Byron

Molon_Labe
April 03, 2002, 21:10
If Reading is close enough, get a hold of Deltaten (Mason-Dixon FAL Group), K Funk, and others from that part of PA are more than capable of showing you the ropes of a kit build.......