PDA

View Full Version : Sight problem

biggun
April 01, 2002, 01:47
My rear sight is all the way to the left and it is still slightly shooting to the right. It is properly timed(operates properly) and headspaced. The sight was like this when I originally got the parts kit. I of course centered it and didnt worry about it. Anybody with any good ideas?

sportsnut
April 01, 2002, 02:36
I would double check the timing using the two rods method. It sounds like she is overtimed.

Rich@CGW
April 01, 2002, 10:18
May have a bent barrel...The original sight adjustment can be a good indicator of how the rifle was shooting in the feild.

Follow up on sportsnut`s recomendation first. and see if that will narrow the problem down.

charles isaac
April 01, 2002, 12:19
Also, the lower reciever could be twisted.

I have seen this on a couple of Brit L1A1's.

milljocky
April 01, 2002, 15:37
When I worked for a place that made barrels, I remember the guys complaining one guy was turning out barrels that the bore wasn't centered in, should've ran the contour on centers. Not much you could do but scrap the barrel on one of those. Probably not likely that's what's wrong with yours though. Can the sight block get wacked off center?

biggun
April 02, 2002, 00:19
I will have to try the two rod check. I thought maybe that the front sight may have been offcenter. When I get time to check I will post updates. Thanks guys.

ce
April 02, 2002, 14:11
When it's in too tight, it lasts all night.

Shrike
April 02, 2002, 14:42
The barrel could be bent, or you may have over timed the barrel. "If it shoots to the right, its to tight"
mike

Confed Pirate
April 02, 2002, 19:13
mine was doing the same thing but more drastic i check for some reason my front site post was leaning to the right side you might want to check that and maybe a bore laser site check before you think about the barrel thing