PDA

View Full Version : Imbel parts kit from FAC

nouglyguns
March 31, 2002, 19:55
Has anyone seen one of these? Wondering how it compared to the G1 kits.

Templator
March 31, 2002, 20:22
FAC is a good company,... and Harlan is a good guy,.. and they have lotsa good stuff,... but if you're looking for an Imbel kit,.. you'll do well to get one from Dan's Sporting Goods. Dan sells them in 3 grades,.. I've bought 2 grade 1 kits and they're a thing of beauty,.. appear unfired and sell for $250. The grade 2's sell for $200, and the grade 3's sell for $130. (I think these prices are correct, but don't hold me to it)

I've never seen anything but my grade 1 kits,.. but from all accounts, they're all graded very conservatively and well worth the money. I've yet to hear of a complaint about any kit from Dan,.... and from my dealings with him, I'd say that if you did have a problem with something from him, he'd bend over backwards to fix it for you.

As far as to how the Imbel kits currently on the market compare to the G1's,... I've bought 3 G1 kits. To be quite honest,.. they're not even in the same catagory as the Imbels. Since I've discovered the shape that the Imbel kits are in,.. suffice it to say that I won't be buying any more G1's.

Spend the $250 and get a grade 1 kit from Dan. It's a mechanically new rifle which has VERY! minimal exterior wear.

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: Templator ]

sportsnut
April 01, 2002, 02:32
Templator is right on the money. I have bought a couple grade 3's and over 10,000 rounds of ammo from Dan's. He is a stand up guy with very nice merchandise. Buy with confidence from Dan.

nouglyguns
April 01, 2002, 13:23
Thanks guys. I've seen Dan's ads. I thought a Imbel kit on a Imbel receiver was the way to go. Just wanted to check.