PDA

View Full Version : Night sights for a Rossi

Whiskey Tango
April 03, 2006, 23:39
I have a .357 Rossi that will be my concealed carry piece after my permit comes through this week and I want to come up with some night sights to add to it.

I know that in a defence situation there wouldnt be a lot of aiming per say but at the same time being able to at least be able to aquire a basic sight picture would be important.

I have been looking around on the web to see what was out there in the way of fireroptic/night sights for it but cant find any that are made for Rossis and very few for revolvers in general.

I was wondering if any one here knew what was available in the way of night sights for them. Thanks in advance for your help.

HawaiiFALer
April 08, 2006, 05:36
Originally posted by Whiskey Tango
I have been looking around on the web to see what was out there in the way of fireroptic/night sights for it but cant find any that are made for Rossis and very few for revolvers in general.

I was wondering if any one here knew what was available in the way of night sights for them. Thanks in advance for your help.
You won't want a fiberoptic. They do not glow in the dark. Tritium sights are what you want. Tritium revolver sights will be tough to find. Meprolight listed some for the S&W K, L, and N frames. Trijicon lists some for Taurus, not sure which models. I'm sure someone who put some on a revolver will post a reply.

Whiskey Tango
April 08, 2006, 20:49
Thanks, also if anyone knows what other handguns sights would be interchangable with a Rossi that would help out also, thanks.

W.E.G.
April 08, 2006, 21:45
Tritium sights are a somewhat expensive investment even on a mid-range to high-end handgun. I don't see any wisdom in investing a hundred bucks or more on custom sights to install on a $150 handgun.

If I could only afford a Rossi, I would feel that my money was better-spent on practice ammunition and range time rather than a set of fancy sights which would probably be of no real value.

I don't mean to particularly bash the Rossi. The Rossi is probably a decent enough gun for what it tries to be. But please do recognize it for what it is. Its an economy handgun for folks who can't afford better.

Whiskey Tango
April 14, 2006, 00:22
Its not as high end as some but its reliable and accurate which is all I realy need other than to be able to hit my target even in low light. I do a fair bit of practice and am pretty accurate as long as can at least bring the sights into view even if not actualy aimed, Im just looking for whats affordable that could be put on it so that in low light where a target could be identified but plain iron sights are nearly impossible to see especialy quickly.