PDA

View Full Version : galil mags in a SAR3?

Hcore
April 03, 2006, 10:58
can orlite galil mags be converted to work in a sar3? I have a few freebies that are well used that would not have much value that could be sacraficed. Ive got plenty of weigers and a few waffles so this would more be just to have something different and functional. Thanks

STGFN
April 03, 2006, 21:08
I have a galil steel mag that fits the SAR3. The sides had to be milled down because the mag was too wide for the well. The orlite is probably about the same deal, just have to see how wide it is and how much could be shaved off to fit

Hcore
April 04, 2006, 06:55
Thanks, Ill give them a shot. Any issues with the feed angles?

warthog42
April 08, 2006, 15:48
Looks like I need some Galil mags now... :)

Timber Wolf
April 09, 2006, 19:05
I have fitted Galil steel mags to the SAR-3 but think it required welding up both the front and rear lugs in addition to thinning the sides of the mag. It has been a while but I have a Orlite mag and remember thinking it could not be modified due to the lug issue. Your mileage may vary. BTW, a 50 round $8 mag is pretty cool. :uhoh: These where some very used mags FWRA was selliing a couple of years ago.

Hcore
April 10, 2006, 09:25
Ive got a few on the way that Im going to tinker with. I figured that the orlite will be easier to work with as far as thinning down the mag body where needed. Im thinking I might be able to use some JB weld type products to build up any area on the mag that would need to be fitted to the lugs. Ill keep everyone posted but more imput is always appreciated. Thanks

Purvis
June 21, 2006, 18:17
Any Success? Got a SAM5 today. CDNN has 'em cheap.