PDA

View Full Version : FSE folding metric handle on DSA rec.

capman
March 30, 2002, 22:08
I just put together my Rhineland Aussie L1A1 kit on a DSA type 1 receiver. I added a FSE folding metric cocking handle.

Took it to the range today, it shot awesome. One problem though. The folding metric handle slides back after each shot. The rails on the front of the receiver are beveled and this makes the folded handle skip out of its forward folded position on every shot. When the bolt goes back forward it puts the handle all the way forward, but on the last shot when the bolt stays open ( :) added a pin) the handle is half way back.

Anyone else have this problem? Do I need a stiffer spring for the folding handle?

TIA

cap

James
March 30, 2002, 22:51
I had the same problem on my Imbel receiver. The problem is the cocking handle is not cut deep enough for it to go past the bevel on the receiver. Another problem is the spring in the cocking handle is not stronge enough to hold the handle tight against the receiver. I used a dremel tool and a flat file and squared up the 90 degree angle. I also made the angle deeper so that lets it go past the bevel. Once I did this it seem to have fixed the problem. This was a pretty simple fix so you shouldn't have much trouble doing it.

James

capman
April 01, 2002, 15:01
My FSE handle seems to be held out by the handgaurd ring. The folding part of the handle touches the handgaurd ring, and is held out sufficiently to allow easy rear ward movement of the whole cocking handle.

Even with the handgaurds and ring removed the cocking handle still seems to be lacking spring pressure to hold it closed.

I assume my DSA receiver and the 3 Imbel receivers I tried it on are exemplary of all the available metric receivers.

Anyone at FSE have any comment?

cap

Harold Shinn
April 02, 2002, 07:07
Capman,

I'll see if using a heavier spring is sufficient to hold the folding cocking handle forward. I will repost the results within a couple of days.

Best regards,

Harold Shinn/FSE

Master Blaster
April 02, 2002, 12:26
Damn, realtime response and product improvement. Folks it doesn't get any better than this! Harold/FSE my hat's off to ya sir. :D :D :D :D

CATM Larry
April 02, 2002, 12:43
Ditto what Blasted stated. Harold helped me out when I had problems with my metric hammer. As my father would say, "He's good people." :) I just ordered my folding cocking handle, so when it comes I'll be checking back here for advice if needed.

Larry

capman
April 02, 2002, 21:06
Thanks Harold,

I am curious to see if the stronger spring will work.

First class customer service.

cap

capman
April 05, 2002, 17:54
BTT

so it is easier for Harold Shinn to find it when he has some info for us :cool:

Alaska Aviator
April 05, 2002, 18:38
I had the same problem with a VOW fch.

I would like to hear if a stronger spring is the fix for this also - I have an FSE folding charging handle on an Imbel receiver and it is so nice I hate to go WECSOGing on it if there is a simpler fix - Got a ETA on the answer Harold? also thanks for the quick response to all FSE related issues!

:D
AA

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Alaska Aviator ]

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Alaska Aviator ]