PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Nashville?

K.O.A.M.
April 02, 2006, 11:08
I will be in Nashville next week for the AJA seminar. I'm staying at the Gaylord Opryland.

I'm not looking to go hit the town hard, but I'd like to find a good barbecue place and if there's an exceptional gun store open at night. I'm not planning on getting a rental car, simply because I'm cheap and like to keep as much of my per diem cash as I can.

Thanks in advance.

Witchhunter
April 03, 2006, 07:35
General Jackson ,river boat cruise is right by the hotel. Daves barbecue is over off I 40 . As far as gun shops we have some nice ones but they all are way to over priced.

The Bass Pro Shop is a good place to spend a few hours.

By the way what is a

AJA seminar

CZ-75a
April 03, 2006, 12:35
Drive down West End Blvd. and see Vandy and the Parthenon. Get some White Castles to cleanse the palate of the lousy Krystals found in the rest of the SE. See Reiman Auditorium and Capitol. ???

K.O.A.M.
April 03, 2006, 17:29
AJA is the American Jail Association. I'll be learning all about "Legal Issues in Corrections". Thanks for the tips.

Kokling
April 03, 2006, 20:34
Tennesee is known for their BBQ porkchops.

MAG58
April 03, 2006, 21:34
Originally posted by Kokling

This is very true.

But, I took the detour to the mountains, Some very beautiful scenery there.
I walked through three states in the process :biggrin:

jamesq
April 04, 2006, 00:10
Originally posted by Kokling

not really porkchops as much as ribs and pulled/chopped shoulder sandwiches. the gaylord is really nice. it used to be the opryland hotel, but they sold to those idiots with the gay name... it could keep you busy for most of a day. bass pro shop (about a block away) and the adjoining mall is pretty nice. plenty of music type stuff if you're into that. this is probably the nicest time of the year for that part of the country. have fun!

SKTRGNLDR
April 04, 2006, 21:40
Best BBQ in town...Jack's BBQ on Lower Broad at @5th in Downtown Nashville.

Check out 2nd avenue Downtown at night...lot's happening. Also, Hillsboro Village near Vanderbilt University (21st Avenue South). Lots of food & music.

As for gun shops, nothing big and nothing open at night.

kchunter
April 04, 2006, 22:57
drive just a little south and go to Lynchburg where Jack Daniels is made one of the best tours you will ever go on. I liked it, and no you dont get to drink its in a dry county