PDA

View Full Version : Want to see what Vandenberg can do?

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
March 30, 2002, 02:33
First outing for STG58 with Ed's barrel job.

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=gregrrr&album_id=62841&image_id=0&courtesy=1

With more load testing I think it will go in the .5's. Not bad huh?

FALFire
March 30, 2002, 02:36
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
YEEAAHZZA BABY, I LIKE IT!!!

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
March 30, 2002, 02:51
It's a rifle...of course it was 100 yards :D

I really wish it had done this at 200 :D :D :D

Hermit River
March 30, 2002, 07:14
NICE!!!! Nice gun and nice shooting both. :eek: Hermit

Wright Brothers Gunsmiths
March 30, 2002, 07:31
Originally posted by Upside Down @ 100 MPH:
<STRONG>It's a rifle...of course it was 100 yards :D

I really wish it had done this at 200 :D :D :D</STRONG>

So, go back and shoot somemore. :D

withergyld
March 30, 2002, 09:35
All right UD, tell us what you had Ed do. What kind of barrel? Free float HG?? Spill your guts :confused: What no pictures of the Fal that did this either :confused:

Snakeshot
March 30, 2002, 09:35
Eggggsellent, but it looks like you've got a flyer on that top hole. ;) :D

trigger
March 30, 2002, 09:54
Nice shooting. :)

Upside Down @ 100 MPH
March 30, 2002, 12:15
I'm going to wait to post a picture of the gun. It's a very ugly duckling right now because it's been through some R&D but it's about ready to be re-finished so it'll look as good as it shoots. The barrel and handguard are still "in the white". Don't get me wrong, I think it's the best looking FAL I own. Pretty is as pretty does :D.

The gun is a low mileage STG58. This is the second custom barrel to be on it, the first one (different brand) did not shoot to our expectations. It now wears a #7 contour Douglas Premium Air Gauged chrome moly barrel along with a variation of Ed's handguard and mount. The scope is a Burris Signature Series 6-24 power sitting in Leupold QRW rings and the mount is a Tapco model that Ed added 4 more screws to for beter clamping strength. The gun has a couple of other mods that Ed has come up with that evidently work.

Edit: The gun won't be completely finished and ready to photograph until I get my OD Green furniture from Penguin. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to when that will be. I might just have to get some Ironwood for it and sell the OD stuff if and when it arrives.

Greg

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: Upside Down @ 100 MPH ]

Grail
March 30, 2002, 22:13
That tears it!

I'm going to have Ed build up a little carbine for me.I keep leaving my FALs in the cabinet and pulling out my little Remington because it hoots better but no more!

Great group and thanks for posting the load data.I'll be trying that load some day.

HD99FXR3
April 01, 2002, 08:47
nice very nice. :D

Vanden Berg
April 02, 2002, 14:47
I think it was more the loose nut holding the pistolgrip than the barrel that is responsible for that group. :D