PDA

View Full Version : Entreprise build. Number one.

TJ
March 28, 2002, 23:50
After several easy, no problem builds on some Imbels and one Hesse(!) I just completed my first Entreprise.....what a bitch! After a 7 week wait I finally got my L1A1/custom serial # receiver and decided this week since I'm on vacation to put her together. Quality of the receiver seemed pretty good but not as good as an Imbel. I barreled it with my homemade/farmer washer and that turned out pretty good. The bolt and carrier just needed a lot of lapping and cleaning up of the rails to make it work smoothly. The locking shoulder sticks out just like the G man says and I had to do extensive work to the lower catch to make that work. One odd thing that I can't blame on Entreprise was the poor fit of the FSE folding cocking handle. The original after a quick file job works great but the FSE binds. I've checked it everywhere for size, bends, etc. but can't find the problem. What's the deal? I tried it on a bare Imbel and it works great. Mystery! Oh well, tomorrow at the range will tell the final story! TJ

medicmike
March 29, 2002, 08:06
I must have gotten lucky. Built 2 G1's on Etreprise type 3 recievers in December and didn't a lick of trouble with them. Built as easy as an Imbel. With all of the problems others are having I think I would stay away from them now.

DABTL
March 29, 2002, 09:06
My last three Entre'prise went together without a hitch. From the same batch of receivers I got a Type 3 from, mp got one way off spec. He has sent it back.

I just ordered my second Type 1 this month. I hope it looks as good as the first.

So it goes.

TooTech
March 29, 2002, 13:29
I'm working up an Entreprise right now as well.
Cocking handle was rather tight on mine as well (Schneider handle from Gunthings.com). Works fine now after I tapped it into place and the receiver removed a fine strip of metal the full length of the handle. Cleaned up the handle with a bit of emery cloth and I'm good to go!

Now trying to fit in my Penguin handguards, they're a little too tight in the handguard retaining ring.

Also my bolt closes on my NO-GO gauge with my .265 pin gauge in place, so it looks like I'll be needing an oversize locking shoulder.

:eek:

Deltaten
March 29, 2002, 16:03
TJ:
Sounds like you got a metic CH by mistake. That happened to one of the guys at our last build. Just call the vendor and swap it out; or drop a WTT note on the FS/FT forum.

Regards,
Paul

Timber Wolf
March 29, 2002, 17:34
I built up an excellent condition Brit L1A1 kit on an Entreprise Inch receiver last year and it was the smoothest build I have ever done (other builds have been on Imbels and a lone early FAC Type 1 I have yet to work the bugs out of). It timed perfectly with the kit's breeching washer but did take a very small locking shoulder (.257) that I got from L/FN. I have two of their type 3's from the sale last year waiting to go on a couple of Imbel grade three kits that I am hoping build as smoothly. I went with the Entreprise receivers for price and US parts count on these builds. With a set of Penguin furniture (one green, one black, so I can tell the twins apart :D), Tapco's new charging handle, a US piston, and Moses fake Belgin muzzle brake I can keep my imported trigger parts.

DougW
March 29, 2002, 23:06
I am building 2 (my first builds) on Entreprise type 1's. First took a LOT of lapping of the rails and carrier to get smooth function of the bolt carrier. Also, the groove for the charging handle was narrow, so dremeled it and lapped. Barrel hand timed out at 11:00, locking sholder is a .257. Finally togather, but the monsoons here in Texas will prevent shooting until next week. Second one times at 12:00, charging handle track under machined, but went together fairly well.Waiting on breeching washer and shim, then to be head spaced. Do all builds take this much work! Damn, my hands are more torn up than they are after a Saturday session working on the cars! :D

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: DougW ]

TJ
March 29, 2002, 23:30
Gee, Doug, after looking at my knuckles I thought the same thing! After my first rage about assembly I must confess that everthing for the the most part is OK. I'm just spoiled I guess. I will give a range report soon. I couldn't get out today because of painting for the old lady......she always comes first! TJ

krallstar
April 14, 2002, 09:24
Just got my G1 type 1 from entreprise. My first build. Barrel timed to 10:45. Bolt assembly smooth locking lug no problem. I have read alot about the problems with these receivers Bought one anyway, tried to go with FAC TYPE 1 did not like the attitude from the person on the other end. Have not torqued barrel yet waiting for vice. s far as i can tell this is going together with no Problem.

:) :)