PDA

View Full Version : WTK Barrel accuracy question

withergyld
March 28, 2002, 12:14
Are the DSA double stress relieved/chryogenically treated barrels worth the extra $ as far as acuracy is concerned?

They have the chryo treated barrels, similar barrels not chryo'd and new argentine chrome lined. Which to choose??

cowbilly
March 28, 2002, 23:07
Cryo does help with accuracy but you also need good sights, trigger, and a free float tube to get the optimum accuracy out of it (if accuracy alone is what your after).

If not, I would go for a new Imbel or Argentinian barrel, some places will cryo your barrel for $30-60 bucks if that's what your after. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a really good GI tube. Chambers will take any NATO ammo, chrome lining is tough to beat and the barrel is made to last and for heavy use. Just my experience/.02. :cool:

withergyld
March 29, 2002, 14:15
So unless I upgrade my sights, and install a free float hand guard, I propbably won't notice much difference between a good military barrel and an aftermarket barrel, as far as accuracy is concerned.

Jayson at IGF
March 29, 2002, 15:31
If you are wanting to buy one of their regular FAL barrels I couldnt tell you.

but..

I have seen some pretty good results with DSA's medium contour barrel. I built two rifles for a customer with them. One of the rifles was shooting a 3/4 inch group at 75 yards. That is with me shooting open sites on my elbows. Wouldnt believe it if I hadnt been the one doing it.

The customer was so happy with them he sent two more for builds.