PDA

View Full Version : Sighting My Weapon Help

glockboy2632
March 27, 2002, 22:27
I've just bought my 1st FAL and I need some help sighting it in. I'm wondering about front sight height in relation to the rear. I'd be thankful for any help. Also who has inch parts? I've been looking and all I can find for the most part is metric. l0new0lf61@yahoo.com

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: glockboy2632 ]

Mosin Guy
March 27, 2002, 22:30
www.gunthings.com (http://www.gunthings.com) Has Inch and Metric parts.HTH

orca
March 27, 2002, 23:55
Hi Glocker.....just look thru the aperature and align the front site to the target. Your eye should automatically center this alignment with the aperature....squeese off a few and let the force take over. I hope this is what you were looking for. :rolleyes: orca

BlueDuck
March 28, 2002, 07:58
With a metric rear sight on a metric gun, with the rear sight bottomed out at 200 meters, how many inches above or below the bull should the rounds impact at 100 meters? Just wondering so I can get an accurate zero for my rifle once it is built.

EMDII
March 28, 2002, 08:10
BeauRT (another Cavalryman, I presume?!)
:D

For a nominal battlezero (BZO), you should be (depending on ammunition), between 1.5 or 2.5 inches HIGH. Depends on what you think your max engagement range might be. If you want a longer BZO, go for about 2.5" high. If using good MilSpec ammo, this delivers a 279m (305y) BZO, where all you have to do is aim CoM (Center-of-Mass) and you WILL have a hit w/i 4" of your aiming point.

After all, you're only trying to hit a mass 1m tall and 0.5m wide (the human torso of the 95th percentile man).

A 'short zero' can be had at 25m: 4cm high at 25m is equivalent to the above long-range zero, and is a quicklie at the local range. Some folks use POI = POA at 30m, but most range stakes are marked in 25y/m increments.

glockboy2632
March 29, 2002, 22:18
hey thanks for the tips!

BlueDuck
March 29, 2002, 23:10
Hey evil moderator,
Yup another CAV guy. Currently in 2ACR at Fort Polk. Thanks for the zero info. Just want to keep a 200 meter zero, but know how much/where to hold on a 100 meter target. Thanks for the info. Armor, the combat arm of decision. Yea, thats right.