PDA

View Full Version : ever know a guy...

justashooter
March 26, 2006, 20:44
that could sit on the porch quietly and watch the cars go by, and hold his opinion of your life to himself until you asked for it?

the ex father in law was one of those guys. we always had a good relationship, even after his daughter lost her mind. he and i talked on the phone and had an occasional dinner in these past 10 years, and nobody knew. he was a great guy, and we had a lot of respect for each other. kinda like the father i wish i had.

carl died of brain cancer saturday afternoon. kelly and the youngest son were there for the event, and will stay for the funeral. the daughter is at pitt, and the oldest is with me. life is not so short for a man who dies at 75, but his time with all of us was.

raise a glass for the good man tonight.

Snakeshot
March 26, 2006, 20:51
A glass raised in his honor.:whiskey:

vmtz
March 26, 2006, 22:34
done.

Vince

KEMOSABE
March 26, 2006, 22:41
Guys like that are in short supply these days. I'm gonna hoist one for both of ya.

fastprofessor
March 26, 2006, 22:59
As luck would have it, I was already raising a glass tonight, but this one is for your father-in-law. :whiskey:

STGThndr
March 26, 2006, 23:39
Truly sorry for your loss- a FIL- especially an X- is a jewel. May he be in Valholl an hour before Hela knows he's dead! And a tip of the raspberry brandy to em!

ftierson
March 26, 2006, 23:49
Originally posted by justashooter
raise a glass for the good man tonight.

Will do...

Sorry for your loss...

Forrest

Pluribus
March 27, 2006, 01:19
I am saddened to hear of the passing of your ex-FiL and, will raise my glass to the memory. :whiskey:

Carl, I'm sure the Great Spirit has welcomed you home to His campfire.

:bow: :bigangel:

Falunga
March 27, 2006, 03:19
We all have to go sometimes. The measure of a man is how the world takes his passing. I can raise a glass to a guy who can evoke such strong images by those saying goodbye.

I can only hope when I leave the building the party won't be too celibratory!

Godspeed.

Jim :fal: FALunga

Sgt_Gold
March 27, 2006, 18:18
:whiskey: :beer:

Originally posted by justashooter
[Braise a glass for the good man tonight. [/B]

L1A1formeplz
March 27, 2006, 18:28
:whiskey: :bow: Sounds like my grandfather who also passed from brain cancer 3 years ago. Prayers also sent to the fmaily.

9thmoon
March 28, 2006, 00:11
:whiskey: :whiskey:

One for him and one for you.

larphred
March 28, 2006, 02:33
Sorry for your loss. Truly know how you feel.
Larry

ER
March 29, 2006, 00:04
:whiskey: fer the man.

I was supposed to get married to a young lady years before I met my current, and only, wife. Her dad gave me some tools that still reside in my toolbox today....some 20+ years later. Damn fine man.

mhg
March 29, 2006, 02:25
As it is :whiskey:

Matt