PDA

View Full Version : Where to start building an FAL

Buck Shott
March 27, 2002, 12:00
Hi all im new to the list and i have wanted an FAL for a long time. I almost bought a metric built on a imbel reciver but someone else bought it before i could, so i figured that i'd build my own, with all the features that i want. SO i am open to all sugestions, about kits parts everything... and anything..and of course the ever burning question...inch or metric? Please feel free to tell me anything tricks ect.
thanks alot everyone.

kfranz
March 27, 2002, 12:03
Search the archives for a week, then come back with specific questions. You'll find that what you want has been discussed numerous times before. Oh, and remember, it doesn't matter which you get first, as you'll have them all before you're done... ;)

LongGun
March 27, 2002, 12:14
Kit Recomendation: DSA's refinfished G-1 Kit (best for the money)
Receiver Recomendation: Imbel
Warnings: Enterprise & Hesse (you'll figure that out real quick)
Like KFranz said, check the threads with the search feature. I guarantee that 99% of the questions you have right now have been answered numerous times. Best of Luck.
The disease spreads!

W.E.G.
March 27, 2002, 22:05
Complete instructions for how-to are at:
http://www.cruffler.com/trivia-April01.html

milsurpcollector
March 27, 2002, 23:00
I am planning on building mine in the garage allthough you could do it in the bathroom that way you will be close to the medical supplies. It will probably be cheaper for you to buy one prebuilt, but its more fun to build your own. I usually sacrifice a chicken before I begin the kit building. In the garage though not in the kitchen.