PDA

View Full Version : G1 Buttplate question

Fallschirmjäger
March 26, 2002, 19:37
Well, I just got my Ironwood G1 buttstock and grip, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I can use for a buttplate and where I can get what I need. Is there anywhere that sells the original G1 buttplates? And, if I should so choose, are there any alternatives to the metal buttplate?

Thanks

charles isaac
March 26, 2002, 21:24
The Turks were hard on the butts of those G1's, but some of the Tapco G1's have come through with NEW buttplates on them.

AFAIK, no one is selling the Buttplates separately.

Isralie (DSA $10) and Canadian ($30 Gunthings?) plates will work, and are "close"

It's almost worth it to buy a Tapco kit just for the buttplate, then sell the rest later when the G1 market dries up and the prices go up. Look what those $99 R1 pos kits are going for now! :eek:

Fallschirmjäger
March 26, 2002, 23:13
well I've seen pictures of Ironwood stocks with the rubber buttplate on them. I can't get the one from my plastic stock to fit though. What do I need to look for?

Sumoj275
March 27, 2002, 00:16
Let me guess, the rubber pad is to small and narrow. What you have is probably one of the G1 stocks that was produced by IW. You can use an Izzy, Canadian, or Belgium one w/o the trap door. At least that would get you by until you come across one. Out of three kits I had a beat to hell one, a decent one, and a nice one. Gues which one I put on my IW stock.

HTH

panzer
March 27, 2002, 20:10
the beat to hell one? :D

Jonnie G. Tyler
March 28, 2002, 10:01
Originally posted by panzer:
<STRONG>the beat to hell one? :D</STRONG>

At least I gave him the benifit of the doubt and thought he chose the decent one.
:D